Status
Please reply by conversation.

lilexecutioner

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
Chicago, IL
Hey Guys,

So I'm having a bit of a problem here with my OD download speeds. Prior to me moving I had an HR24-500 and a first generation Genie with the Deca connecting the two to internet. When I would download the OD content it would download quickly without any problems, I had 50mbps internet and it was connected via wifi. Now I moved and I have the same HR24-500 and a new genie HR44-500 with the deca and 2 wireless clients. I have 120mbps internet speed test below and my OD content is downloading slow on both receivers. I removed the Deca and connected the genie to a hard wire and also use the internal wifi to no avail with faster speeds.

I put the Deca back in and opened the ports on my router for network services but that hasn't worked either. Its kind of annoying being that it used to be so fast and now its a trickle and sometimes you can't watch it until its done downloading because it buffers. Any ideas?

Time of day a factor? I wouldn't be surprised if the VOD downloads are slower during prime-time just due to demand on the server side.

if you have a wireless CCK (deca) remove it, if you have an ethernet cable connected to the 44, disconnect it. go to network settings and reset network connection. once thats done, red button restart on the genie. once it comes back up hit the "-" button on the remote, and it should say "Internet: not connected". if you have a ethernet cable, reconnect it at this point. then give it a minute and press the "-" again. it should say connected. if you're not using an ethernet connection then go back into the network settings on your genie (do not reconnect any wireless CCK) and re-connect to your wireless router, give it a minute, and again press "-", should say connected. if its still being slow after that you may have some sort of network gremlin.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)