Slow page changes on satelliteguys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, right now the web site is working great for me and is the fastest it has been in weeks!!! The problems that I was complaining about have disappeared. I hope everything stays like this!

I had the same problem. Greased lightning now.

Scott, I am still seeing the pausing/hanging issue, but only on the 1st forum page. (The link that says: 'Click here to join our friendly discussion forums'). If it helps, when IE8 got hung-up, the status bar said:
Waiting for view.atdmt.com/CNT/iview/198723278/direct;wi.728;hi.90/01?click=http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/adk%Fsa.
I had to hit the IE8 refresh button a few times to get by the hanging problem.

Other than that, the forum is running fine for me...previous problems are gone. Thanks a lot for the fix!

I seem to be back in snail mode this morning with 30 second page loads and occasional server timeout errors.

Just FYI, because of the huge snow storm they are kicking us out of our offices and telling us to go home.

I will look more when I get home... now its time to go driving in the snow. :D

I seem to be getting the occasional "slow page" again.

It's getting EXCRUCIATINGLY slow for me lately. It's so bad, I almost dread coming here now. I constantly have to hit refresh to get a page to load. It seems to be hanging up on the google ads thing. It takes me about 20 minutes just to look at a few threads. Heck, it took me almost 10 minutes just to post this message. Something has got to be done about this. Too many people are having problems for this to be a non-issue.

This website is hanging my computers. Its been that way for awhile, in my case maybe about a week. But I don't come here that often maybe.

Anyway, when I go to read threads it might work awhile, then either takes forever to load or completely hangs IE8. Last week I had end the process because nothing else worked. Which I didn't like because of closing other tabs also.

It didn't hang too bad yet today but almost did a few times and really slow. I'm sure its something to with some of these Ad's. I haven't tried but most likely Firefox with ad-block wouldn't hang.

It's too hard to come here though with it hanging up my computers.

I do not understand how or why there are people complaining about this site hanging their computer. I will agree that FF screams on XP with the ad blocker add on here. It does on my wife's laptop. With that said I have W7 with IE8 and I have no issues. Within IE8 settings I block 3rd party cookies. Try that. Just a thought.

Just adding my experience of this issue. It's been happening for me just about as long as this thread has been up.

I'm using IE8 and opening the next page of a thread in a new tab was my workaround. The pages always opened normal thru that method.

Now most of the pages load normal thru regular clicking but getting stuck still happens on 1-2 threads with every visit.

What was always funny to me was that the numerous links on the top of every page would be identified at the bottom of the browser when moving the mouse around but you were still seeing the page you were trying to leave. It seemed like everything loaded fine but just couldn't be presented.

If I could find a page that presented these problems I would show them. If anyone finds a slow page, once loaded look down towards the bottom of the page. This is what I see unless there is a real problem with the site and not my connection or pc. (Page generated in 0.15307 seconds with 17 queries). Copied from the last page loaded. This is good y'all.
Seems as though most that indicate slow pages have low post counts.:confused: Just an observation.......​

Last edited:
Just adding my experience of this issue. It's been happening for me just about as long as this thread has been up.

I'm using IE8 and opening the next page of a thread in a new tab was my workaround.
Exactly my experience with Firefox. When I come here, I open up 10 or 20 different tabs, and the first are ready to read by the time I finish spawning all those tabs. So I have a workaround, but Satelliteguys sure has been slow for me for a long long time. I claim it's the ads causing the hangups, even for us Pub members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts