Slow page changes on satelliteguys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO,

what makes these slowness reports frustrating.

Is you can't see the slowness as users do........

I have gotten kicked off / frozen out at least several times a day... (for about a week now...)

I have to ditto that.

For me, it's always like that using IE. Doesn't matter if it's IE 6, 7, or 8, WinXP, Vista or 7, or which of the many computers at my disposal. Usually it's a much better experience when logged in but I am having the kicked off/ frozen issues quite a bit lately. That's why I gave you $20 bucks last year to fix it. lol

Seriously though, I was thinking it's the external servers causing hangs. Maybe it is IE though, beacuse that is all I use. Yes I've used other browsers but they tend to not perform well on many sites. IE works great for me on just about everyplace I go, except for satelliteguys.us. That's how it looks to me from my chair.

I hate to say that I am seeing no issues.. but I am seeing no issues.

There are only 3 things loading externally for logged in members...

I just turned two of them off.

1) Google Analytics - This is a stats keeper for the site
2) Quantcast - This is another stats keeper

Having both of them gives us good solid stats on how everything is doing.

The third is the Google Ads. The only external ads being displayed by registered members are now Google ads. I stopped showing ads from ADSDAQ, ADIFY and Burst Media to registered members because those ad companies did at time have speed issues. Google Adsense on the other hand is really stable as far as speeds go.

So are you seeing any difference with analytics and quantcast turned off?

Scott, are you using IE8? This site has gotten very slow and the hanging issues that I described in post #117 are still there. For some reason this is the only site that gives me these problems.

So are you seeing any difference with analytics and quantcast turned off?
No problems now since my earlier post, about an hour and a half ago.

When it did stop earlier I had clicked on a thread and we (me and IE) waited 3 minutes for the new page untill I got tired of waiting and closed IE.

Same Problem

This has been an ongoing issue for me with IE8. If I use Chrome, I have no problems. It seems that these cookies are wreaking havoc with IE8.

screen.JPG

Scott, right now the web site is working great for me and is the fastest it has been in weeks!!! The problems that I was complaining about have disappeared. I hope everything stays like this!

Hey, Scott? It's running really zippy right now. I mean major improvement. I mean pages are coming up like lightning for me right now!

Interesting...

I am not sure which one was doing it. So over time I am going to add things back in one at a time, so if you see something let me know.

I still get the icon and cookies are blocked. The difference is that it is no longer preventing me from viewing the page. It is noticeably faster. Strange that it works so well in Chrome.

OK it slowed down now. Waiting for google ads and a bunch of other stuff.
update: not too bad though.

I am gonna shut down and come back a little later. Site seems to be running good as of this edit.

Last edited:
I am logged on at my mothers house. She has the lowest tier RoadRunner which is next to dialup far as speeds go. Pages are loading just fine!:up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)