Slow page changes on satelliteguys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope and that's what makes these slowness reports frustrating. As I know the server is running great.

IMO,

what makes these slowness reports frustrating.

Is you can't see the slowness as users do........

I have gotten kicked off / frozen out at least several times a day... (for about a week now...)

Everything now seems OK. The doubleclick URLs just flash past.

Everything now seems OK. The doubleclick URLs just flash past.

Spoke too soon. Site just locked up trying to access a URL view.atdmt.com...... Had to close IE8 and restart. Site is running again but not very fast - pausing on each doubleclick URL.
atdmt is an ad tracking cookie that I assume has been placed on my PC by doubleclick.....not happy!

Now I open the site and get inundated with fake "malware detected" messages. All other web sites are OK.

Now I open the site and get inundated with fake "malware detected" messages. All other web sites are OK.
That may actually be a sign of your machine being infested. You might check your machine for malware.

Sometimes the malware is "tickled" by visits to certain ad sites.

Then again, topic based advertising is going to see references to "slow loading" and "ads" and suggest anti-malware products.

That may actually be a sign of your machine being infested. You might check your machine for malware.

Sometimes the malware is "tickled" by visits to certain ad sites.

Then again, topic based advertising is going to see references to "slow loading" and "ads" and suggest anti-malware products.

No problems coming from any other sites. And I have multiple anti-malware products installed. I think all the problems were linked in some way to the ads on the site.
Last few times I opened the site things have been much better. let's see if it lasts.

I'm averaging about 20+ seconds to load a page. It seems that the first page loads instantly, but when you try to scroll down, it's locked up until the remaining information gets displayed, about 20 seconds later.

Kind of like getting up to speed, then hitting a wall. Not used to that.

Sorry, but this delay is hurting my brain and patience.

I was too lazy to read the entire thread, but I've also been experiencing problems with the site for the past couple weeks. When reading threads and switching between pages, sometimes the new page loads and sometimes it just hangs. If the page doesn't load right away, I can usually just refresh and it will come up but occasionally I have to refresh multiple times.

I have been having problems with pages hanging at the adclick url also. Haven't complained until today when I resurrected a old machine with a new hard drive and windows 7. Installed operating system,did all windows updates. installed AVG,went to satellite guys,first page loaded fine,clicked on a multi-page thread, loaded fine clicked on page 2, started to load, then hung on the adclick url. I could not backup,or exit IE8,about 30 seconds later page 2 loaded.Something is hanging when adclick tries to load.

I am still having the same problem, every few days....either works fine, or hangs on doubleclick ads

I have tried to log on sometimes after cleaning up my browser and would get a large add instead of the home page every now and then. (not all the time) I would x out and come back and everything would be fine. I don't know if it is with my browser and or the operating system. (IE8/W7). I tried firefox when I had Vista on this machine and it didn't work well. The wifes laptop screams with XP and firefox. Now that I have W7 on this thing I may give firefox another try.

Still the same problems for me. Sometimes the site is very slow opening. Sometimes it locks up completely when changing pages. It's the only site I have these problems with.

I am having the same issues...Lately, my browser is hanging several times on every visit to this site.

When reading threads and clicking on the page numbers, sometimes the new page loads, but most of the time it just hangs. If the page doesn't load right away, I can usually select refresh and it will come up, but a lot of times this does not work and I have to right-click on the page number and select 'open in a new window'.

Sometimes, the 1st post on the page is displayed, then there is a long pause before the rest of the page is displayed. Sometimes, the IE8 status bar says 'Done' however the page is never displayed. At other times the status bar indicates that it is waiting on a link, then it hangs.

I do not have this problem while browsing other web sites. in addition, I am active on a number of other forums and this site is the only one that exhibits this problem.

I am having the same issues...Lately, my browser is hanging several times on every visit to this site.

When reading threads and clicking on the page numbers, sometimes the new page loads, but most of the time it just hangs. If the page doesn't load right away, I can usually select refresh and it will come up, but a lot of times this does not work and I have to right-click on the page number and select 'open in a new window'.

Sometimes, the 1st post on the page is displayed, then there is a long pause before the rest of the page is displayed. Sometimes, the IE8 status bar says 'Done' however the page is never displayed. At other times the status bar indicates that it is waiting on a link, then it hangs.

I do not have this problem while browsing other web sites. in addition, I am active on a number of other forums and this site is the only one that exhibits this problem.

Same symptoms as for me. This is just getting old. Especially since no-one here seems to want to do anything about it, all we seem to get is "doesn't happen to me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)