Slow page changes on satelliteguys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no speed issues that we can see.

Besides myself testing it using various ISP's, machines, OS's and browsers we also have a staff of 20 who constantly monitor the site. These staff members are located around the country. No speed issues are being found by them.

The server is running GREAT taking about one tenth of a second to generate any page.

For pub members the only ads seen are the ones in the top right portion of the screen. Those ads are served from the very same server.

There are no other ads for Pub Members.

The only outcalls that pub members will see is from Google Analytics and Quantcast.COM this is how we track our stats and these are the same stats sites used by DBSTalk. If there was an issue with these sites both of our sites would be slow.

If your having issues I always recommend clearing your cache and that corrects many issues for a lot of our users.

With almost 2000 people online anytime of the day, if there are speed issues we would definitely hear about it (and have in the past and there have been issues which we worked to quickly correct.)

Non pub members see ads from Google and Adify, those can slow things down unfortunately, but we need to run them if we want to keep the site online, thats the nature of the beast unfortunately. We have been through a lot of ad networks over the past year and I have worked to partner with the ones that served the ads fastest.

Hearing speed issues from 1 or 2 members is frustrating for me, because I know there is nothing I can do on our end, again if there were speed issues everyone would be seeing them, and that's not the case. :(

Scott am I wrong about the nubies having problems that we do not see for some reason? Most of the times that I have experienced slow pages it has been problems on my end. There has been a few times I could not resolve issues that you have fixed on your end. The times you could not find a issue and I have checked everything on my end it winds up being people with a low post count. Firefox works great on Carols laptop because she has a very small cpu with a 5 year old laptop. I have W7 with IE8 on my quad core and the site works great.:confused:;)

as I have said before, I have a 32 bit xp running IE and/or FF,a 32 bit vista running IE and/or FF, and a 64 bit vista running IE and/or FF and am having absolutely no problems at all, and doing all with an air card tied into my router.

as I have said before, I have a 32 bit xp running IE and/or FF,a 32 bit vista running IE and/or FF, and a 64 bit vista running IE and/or FF and am having absolutely no problems at all, and doing all with an air card tied into my router.
You are not a nube with a low post count.:p Neither am I. I am running 64 bit. Obtw Scott please do not reset my post count to see.:D

I've been noticing the same lately.. It has been extremely bad.

If this helps - my Internet Explorer status bar at the bottom shows something like this when it happens: (I replaced the h t t p with hxxp so that it won't turn into a clickable link)

(1 item remaining) Waiting for hxxp://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-3416584074195052&output=html&h=90&sl

Davage,

I have seen that myself, what is strange though is that the page and all the ads are loaded on the page. So I am not sure what its doing. That is a Google Ad that the URL is calling. It is very odd. :(

Is anyone else still having problems with this? I find myself having to constantly refresh pages to get them to load and it only occurs on this site.

I have just about stopped visiting the site because it is such a mess. Locks up more often than not. If you refresh the page it usually comes back OK.

And as far as I can tell it's always stuck on a googleads url...

Same thing for me, slow and locks up at home and at work. Refreshing the page sometimes helps. I do NOT have this problem on any other site, only here. This has been going on intermittently for weeks for me. Some days it is fine, others it is slow and locks up.

Scary site here. Just clicked on the <last page> link on a thread and nothing. A refresh popped up a window with a page from Best Buy dot com which I was surfing last night. Bad, bad! ad yield manager, bad!

Check your PC for spyware.

The only ads registered members should see are the Google Adwords.

I would love to do away with the Google Adwords, but honestly they pay for almost 60% of our operating costs. :(

Still slow to update per page for me via my WildBlue ISP.
At work, it's so slow, I can hear my toenails grow...

I've given up trying to access the site at work, something I shouldn't be doing anyway. :rolleyes:

For instance, when I click on a thread, there is about a 30+ second delay before it updates the page past the first post, then shortly after that, it quickly displays the rest of the page with following posts. There is some satellite latency, but not THAT much. It used to be just the delay from latency, but now it's much worse. I just have a lot of patience.

I don't see what a very small amount of people are seeing, this site has been running the fastest I have ever seen it over the past week or so.

I don't know what was done to the server but it is the faster I have EVER seen this site!

Check your PC for spyware.

The only ads registered members should see are the Google Adwords.

I would love to do away with the Google Adwords, but honestly they pay for almost 60% of our operating costs. :(

Ok, today I'm on a brand new computer with factory install of windows 7 and ie 8. IE 8 is preventing this site from downloading files. Why should this site need to download files??????

That's fine that google pays your bills 'cause i ain't gonna. Google is The Devil, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)