Slow remote funtions: Is it just my DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I just switched from Dish to DirecTV to get Extra Innings and NHL Network SD, neither of which I could get with Dish.

One of several things that frustrate me with DirectTV is the length of time it take to perform functions. It takes MUCH longer than it did with Dish Network.

I timed how long it took to simply switch from one channel to the previous channel using the PREV button. It takes two or three seconds to do anything and it took 6 seconds to both hear the previous channel and see a picture.

Is this just my DVR or are all DirecTV setups like this?

I have a DirecTV plus DVR.

My DVRs are far from speed demons, but I don't think they take anywhere near that long. When I have the guide up, it does take a second or two to page down. The HR21 update last week did seem to improve it a bit.

Have you tried re-starting the receiver?

Yeah, I have the same issues with my Directv DVR so it appears that is one of the bad points of the DTV DVR service.

yup - its a little slower than with dish ....

i find when using "page down" that the first click takes a couple of seconds to register and page down - but after the first click the second and all subsequent clicks are pretty much instantaneous.

I don't think I've ever used the previous button though - so don't know how quick/slow that one would be.

I might try rebooting. I've had DTV for 9 days and haven't rebooted yet.

yup - its a little slower than with dish ....

i find when using "page down" that the first click takes a couple of seconds to register and page down - but after the first click the second and all subsequent clicks are pretty much instantaneous.

I don't think I've ever used the previous button though - so don't know how quick/slow that one would be.

Yeah, the previous channel is probably the most frustrating one for me, very slow. Tough when you are switching back and forth between games or something, takes a few seconds most of the time.

I also miss the split screen when I'm trying to keep up with two games. Has there been any talk of DirecTV adding the split-screen functionality?

Well, on the bright side, its much better than the Comcast MOTO 3412 box. ;)

I wish it was faster too. It improved some with the new firmware last week. It still could use a boost.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)