Slow Remote Reponse -- DVR functions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tbulliard

Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
I have a HR21 with an AIM-21. When I watch recorded programs, the fast forward, rewind, pause, delete functions have a horrible response times.

Has anyone else experience this problem?

I have a HR21 with an AIM-21. When I watch recorded programs, the fast forward, rewind, pause, delete functions have a horrible response times.

same here. some will say they've never experienced any issues with responsiveness but it is a problem.

Same here, terrible response time, your not alone...

I have Phillips receivers from like 02' and always had this. They are not DVR's, but have very bad response time especially when the batteries are low.

Have you tried changing the batteries?

I think those who say that have never had a well-made DVR (ex. E's 622/722 or a Tivo). They dont know it's slow because they've never seen it otherwise.

I wouldn't lump the Tivo in there expecially for the older HR10-250's. They were much slower than the current DVR's prior to their last software upgrade.

I have Phillips receivers from like 02' and always had this. They are not DVR's, but have very bad response time especially when the batteries are low.

Have you tried changing the batteries?

I have changed the batteries. The response is slow even if I am a foot away from the receiver. Seems to be the worst, when I watch OTA recorded programs.

I have it in IR mode.

What about the rest of you with slow response times? I know the later HR series have been reported to be a little slower than the HR 20 anyway, but I have noticed a considerable difference on both of my HR-20s when I compare them set on RF as opposed to IR. RF is MUCH faster

Slow motion on HR-20/21

I have both an HR20 & 21. They both are almost impossible to get into slo-mo. This is pathetic. The HR-20 is in RF mode and the HR-21 is in IR mode, so the mode makes no difference. Why doesn't D just assign a button for slo-mo? This is pure crap for anyone who watches football seriously.

My HR-10-250 does has an assigned button and it works perfectly.

While I am on this subject of lousy receiver/remote response I also want to blast D for the worst fast forward performance in the history of mankind. The FF frame skips are so large that I can not even follow the flow of action to determine where I am so that I can stop FF accurately. Again, my HR 10-250 does FF perfectly. I am in the midst of seaching for the poor FF response on the HR 20/21 when I found this thread.

Am I the only one frustrated by these lousy performance issues?

Slardy

Last edited:
I switched from E* back in July and while I think the HR-21 with AM-21 is ok and has potential I will say it has MUCH slower response than the 621 I had.

I have 2 HR-22 and they are both gawd awfully slow, my old HR20 was even slow... and yes batteries are new and RF mode is just too painful.. I am out in the middle of no where so there isnt anything interfering.. My Dad just got a new HR22 and has a HR21 and both are ridiculous for response times on remote commands

same here. some will say they've never experienced any issues with responsiveness but it is a problem.

Well, put me in that category.

HR21-700 AM-21, response times are quick, sometimes actually too quick. As I surf the guide sometimes I double tap without knowing it and will skip a page and I have to go back.

While FFW'ing or REW'ing I have no issues with response times. That includes lag time from tapping or the response of the receiver. OTA recording or not.

I do CE and that may explain it, I can't remember off hand the software version I'm running right now, I do know it is NOT the latest national release it's been about 2 weeks since my last CE update.

Just my $.02 worth.

It has more to do with data fragmentation and the sequential access method for which the receiver receives and processes the data. I have been in the Data Recovery business for nearly 20+ years now and run a special defrag program on the internal hard drive that I extract from the DVR from tim-to-time. I know that most do not have the ability to do this nut they need to eventually develop an internal capability to defrag the hard drive and move the digital data to safe areas on the hard drive while truly freeing up the space that once contained the data.

I can get up and go pee then come back before mine is done. Its absurdly BAD programming. D* needs to hire E* programmers because theres are apparently incompetent. The guide is fairly quick but scrolling recording list and delete is horrible!:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)