Smackdown smacked to My Network from The CW

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
if this isn't the appropriate place for this, please move.

i just read that the CW will not renew friday night smackdown for the fall. i know there are a lot of rastling fans here so i thought i should post this.

i didn't read the entire store so i'm not sure if negotiations broke down or what.

from the wwe website

“After a successful decade of SmackDown on both UPN and The CW, World Wrestling Entertainment and The CW and have agreed to conclude our partnership. Since CW's exclusive negotiation period ran out as of last Thursday, January 31, we have been contacted and have been in negotiations with other networks. WWE SmackDown will continue to air on The CW until the conclusion of the 2007-08 broadcast season. We are grateful to Les Moonves, Dawn Ostroff, and their entire organization for bringing WWE SmackDown to millions of viewers for so many years.”

They'll find another home...probably on My Network

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife will be pissed now, it's the only place she can see Wrestling in HD now.

Come on Dish, put up USA-HD (at least before the free preview of Score-HD ends on Expressvu).

They'll find another home...probably on My Network
My Network could use it, would give them some ratings to keep it alive.
Unfortunately my local My is a digital substation, so no HD there. And the Baltimore My affiliate is really low power now, so I can't pick it up.

Actually with the success of American Gladiators it would not surprise me if it shoed up on NBC as an hour long live show on Friday Nights.

Actually with the success of American Gladiators it would not surprise me if it shoed up on NBC as an hour long live show on Friday Nights.

Possibly taped, but not live. WWE is already doing 2 live shows a week, plus live ppv one week a month. They have been trying to cut costs for years, thats why ecw and smackdown are done on the same night to cut production costs.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife will be pissed now, it's the only place she can see Wrestling in HD now.

Come on Dish, put up USA-HD (at least before the free preview of Score-HD ends on Expressvu).

Doesnt the Score show Smackdown in HD too?

I can tell you one thing about Smackdown (from last night). Jamie Noble got the hell beat out of him for the second week in a row.

Chuck Palumbo? Now there is a man I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley (as my grandfather always said). :D

Cade

Doesnt the Score show Smackdown in HD too?
Don't know. Never looked, as I record Smackdown OTA, plus Expressvu has also has smackdown on WGNHD.
But the free preview of ScoreHD ends sometime in late April, and I don't have the pack that has Score. Though I can see my wife making me get it if we can't see WWE in HD after that.

I could see it moving to Saturdays on NBC, as they use that night for repeats anyway and NBC's Friday ratings are pretty solid right now.

Actually Friday nights Lights gets pretyy poor ratings. It si unlikely to be renewed so taht isa possible spot.

BTW i like friday Night lights I am just being realistic. Friday and Saturday ratings on the nets are pretty bad. So almost any spot isa possibility.

What is the Score channel? I have never heard of it and what channel number is it on Directv?

What is the Score channel? I have never heard of it and what channel number is it on Directv?
It's a Canadian channel on Bell Expressvu, Star Choice, and plethra of Canadian cable services.
The U.S. services don't have it.

Unfortunately it showed Raw in SD this past Monday night, which is strange as the previous week it was in HD.

looks like it could be My Network or of all things Superstation WGN

World Wrestling Entertainment, seeking a new home for “Smackdown” when the show departs The CW network, has narrowed its suitors down to two, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

Barring last-minute bidding by a third party, MyNetworkTV and Tribune Broadcasting are vying for the wrestling show.

MyNetworkTV would bring the program back to the former UPN affiliates that once had the property.

Tribune has a number of options for where it could put “Smackdown,” including Superstation WGN. Tribune was a surprise entry in the bidding, with most pundits expecting NBC to be one of the last bidders standing.

Both MyNet and Tribune have been undergoing soul-searching in the past year, adding executives to fine-tune their business structures. With The CW’s decision to drop “Smackdown” from its lineup earlier this month, both companies are looking toward the WWE product as a means to incorporate an instant brand—and built-in audiences—into their lineups.

WWE’s shows, and “Smackdown” in particular, have a history as brand builders for the outlets that carry them.

WWE’s “Raw” helped pull viewers to USA originally, then helped relaunch SpikeTV before returning to USA last year. The series currently earns around 4.5 million viewers on the channel.

In the late 1990s, “Smackdown” averaged more than 7 million viewers as a series that helped anchor UPN, providing some much-needed viewers for the struggling network. As part of The CW’s lineup, the series has earned closer to 5 million viewers per week. That makes it one of the network’s most popular shows, although it brought in different audiences than other series in the outlet’s lineup.

“Since the CW’s exclusive negotiation period ran out as of … Jan. 31, we have been contacted and have been in negotiations with other networks,” WWE executives said in an earlier statement. Its final appearance on The CW will be Sept. 12.

Derwin posted most of it but they are a specialty sports station. Kinda like ESPN News but they also show other programming. They show US CFB & CBB from ESPN, WWE Raw & Smackdown, hockey and the Raptors

if ew move to chigago tub only get 100 does that quallifie us to teg wgn?

I think you have to have the AT200 to get WGN. I don't think moving to Chicago will do it if you only have AT100. (I think that's what your asking). If you move to Chicago and are within the spot beam, you'll get a different WGN. No matter where you are, you'll get the WGN Superstation provided you have AT200.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody else will say something. Of course, if you have the AT100 package now, you could move to Chicago and find out...

Cade

WGN9 is different than Superstation. WGN9 is a CW affiliate and is only available in the spotbeam area

You need AT200 to get Superstation WGN

Klitschko Vs. Ibragimov

College Basketball - #1 vs #2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts