Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark_R_G

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
Hi,

I think my HR24 had an update last night. Over the weekend, it was acting extra sluggish in playback and even having some erratic behavior doing forward/back scan thru recordings. Usually means it's holding downloaded data for an update.

It's acting extra responsive today, and one thing new that I don't understand what it means is certain programs on the guide now have a u-turn arrow after them. What does this mean, as I don't have anything else new show up on the info pane or in messages to explain it.

This is the new Look back or Start over feature. When tuning to a program with this arrow hit rewind, the program will start over from the start. This feature uses a internet connection as the program is downloaded the same as On demand shows.

It would be cool if they hadn't added "can't fast forward".

Since getting this feature, I no longer have any of the on-demand channels. They all display "not available."

A huge glitch associated with this is the auto delete after stopping playback. It's making a lot of customers angry!

Yes, it's a major bug.
I would have thought DirecTv could prevent this just by switching off the feature at its servers, without the need to immediately update people's software....

It's being addressed in a software download tonight. It's not automatic. Hint, hint.

A huge glitch associated with this is the auto delete after stopping playback. It's making a lot of customers angry!

Grrr. All the shows I recorded tonight on H2 and glanced at got auto deleted.

But I have a temporary fix until DirecTV gets their act together. Go to Menu>Recordings>Manage Recordings>Record Defaults and choose Keep until: "I delete it." This will protect any future recordings. To save your already recorded material from disappearing, go to List and use the blue button (or whatever it is on the newer models) to make every recording "keep" (the blue circle with a K in it).

You're welcome ;)

Also, shows already in the Series Manager will be set to the other setting and have to be changed as well. :(

I hope that works for you. Others have tried it to no success.

For me, it's been working fine so far. I haven't lost any programs since I did this on all 4 of my DVRs. Guess I've been lucky...so far. /fingers crossed

I called D* this morning (I have the protection plan) and got a CSR who indicated they're not aware of any issues regarding this and wasted 1/2 hour of my time running system checks (which, of course, both said OK) on 2 of my HR24s. He said he would "make notes." :(

I just noticed...I joined this forum on Nov 29, 2009 and my avatar box says I'm a "new member." /fail

Last edited:
That's a crock, they are very aware and even had a special software update last night that you could force on your dvr. It will be a national release very soon I suspect.

Well it sort of works. Last night I had no issues after I made my original post but I just was watching a program, stopped it to go get a cup of coffee and came back to restart it and it was gone. Glad I found this out now, I have a few 4-year-old recordings I'd hate to lose (like the HDNet Test Pattern).

I also called back D* after this and the CSR I got says engineering is aware of this but has no ETA for a resolution.

Some someone re-write the scenario when something is deleted so that I can avoid that? I am not exactly sure what this is, it hasn't happened to me.

Some someone re-write the scenario when something is deleted so that I can avoid that? I am not exactly sure what this is, it hasn't happened to me.
Basically if you start to watch something you recorded on your DVR and you stop it, channel swap, change channels or press exit before you're done watching the whole program there's a good possibility it will delete the program without any warning. It will show up in history as "Deleted by the viewer (1001)."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)