smithsonian Channel HD

Do you get Epix1, 2 and 3? $10/month? If so, you'll get it.

Epix 1, 2, and 3 are included along with the following channels listed below:
ChannelChart.png

IMO, it USED to be. Epix replay is getting terminal. And very little they show that I had not already seen on Disc. Rarely watch much of the others. Considering dropping after I finish with Deadwood from BB. Plus, I have 6 redbox's within two miles of me. And, I am not "connected", nor have little interest in it.

Epix On Demand on Dish Online has a lot more than what they play on the channels. I am not sure why Epix does not use some of this content as well on the channels. I also believe that Starz on Demand is available with Blockbuster @ Home due to Starz Cinema being in the $10 add-on. Sony Movie Channel On Demand, Sundance Channel On Demand, and Pixl On Demand are also included. (You can even view On Demand content from some other channels that you already subscribe to as well.) This is great if you enjoy watching on your computer (or if you have a receiver that allows you to stream to TV) and if you have great Internet speed. What is also somewhat nice about Blockbuster @ Home is that you can get TV shows, movies, or/and games mailed right to your door even if it is one disc at a time (unless you would want to pay $5/month extra for an additional disc--although I do not really see the need for it--some others might, though).

Last edited:
No one gets movie pass for free anymore that I know of, that promotion ended last month.

I am mysteriously still getting it free (without DVDs by mail). Dish was suppose to start charging me $10/mo starting Feb 2nd, but failed to do so. I haven't raised my hand on that...

IMO, it USED to be. Epix replay is getting terminal. And very little they show that I had not already seen on Disc. Rarely watch much of the others. Considering dropping after I finish with Deadwood from BB. Plus, I have 6 redbox's within two miles of me. And, I am not "connected", nor have little interest in it.
It's starting to remind me of (watch out I'm gonna say it) VOOM in the replays. Maybe even worse. Seems like they kick in 1 or 2 new things a month.

If it's not considerably better than a couple of years ago when dropped, never works for me.

I watch Aerial America. Pretty interesting program. Learn about the history, climate, geography, geology, ect. of each state.

Although the one they did on CA was the worse. The only thing they showed was the central coast between Santa Barbara and San Francisco. The only city they showed was San Francisco. No mention of the Sierras which includes the highest peak in the lower 48. No mention of the largest wine producing region in the entire US. No mention of the largest agricultural region in the entire US (CA produces more of the US's agriculture than any other state, including more cheese than Wisconsin). No mention of the lowest, hottest, and driest place in the whole US (Death Valley). No mention of one of the wettest regions in the entire lower 48 and the Redwood Coast (the NoCal coast). No mention of the oldest living things on earth (the Bristol Cone Pines found only in one region of the White Mountains in CA). No mention of LA or San Diego. No mention of the film capital, Hollywood. No mention of the gold rush and the history of Chinese Labor, except for a blurb when they focused on San Francisco (they talked about the gold rush when they did CO and NV).

If one were to do a show about a state, why only mention about 1/10 of the whole state and leave out some of the most important regions?

When they talked about Lake Tahoe they did so in the NV program even though most of Lake Tahoe is in CA.

If one were to do a show about a state, why only mention about 1/10 of the whole state and leave out some of the most important regions?

When they talked about Lake Tahoe they did so in the NV program even though most of Lake Tahoe is in CA.
Doesn't sound I'm missing much. As a sometime desert rat I'm offended at the Death Valley, Mojave an Borrego desert snub (and I didn't even see it).

Perhaps you could find some dead account and su to that account and "like" it twice. ;)

steve4810 said:
Doesn't sound I'm missing much. As a sometime desert rat I'm offended at the Death Valley, Mojave an Borrego desert snub (and I didn't even see it).

No mention of any of the CA deserts. You would think they would at least do Death Valley and Joshua Tree, or even the Owens Valley where the film most of the car commercials we see on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Bluegras you NEED to realize that just because a channel is uplinked dosen't guarantee that it will be turned on. And asking about it every week or pestering Dish with your channel requests dosen't help either. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

i ask for FEARnet on dishes wall alot so people who do not know what FEARnet is will know what it is. sometimes i will include the link to FEARnet's website. i have had a quite a few pm's on facebook asking me about the channel. I want one channel not every channel out there.

No mention of any of the CA deserts. You would think they would at least do Death Valley and Joshua Tree, or even the Owens Valley where the film most of the car commercials we see on TV.
Camped in all of them but mostly Borrego because it's so close.

Yep, drag my trailer out there behind my 4X, put up solar panels, the dish and watch the dusk before turning in and watching my favorite TV shows from home;).

Desert at dusk/Desert sampler/P3110633

Camped in all of them but mostly Borrego because it's so close.

Yep, drag my trailer out there behind my 4X, put up solar panels, the dish and watch the dusk before turning in and watching my favorite TV shows from home;).

Desert at dusk/Desert sampler/P3110633

Cool shots, people don't "get" the joys of desert camping... ;)

dfergie said:
Cool shots, people don't "get" the joys of desert camping... ;)
And on a new moon winter night the milky way is incredible while you might need a wind-breaker to keep off the chill.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

Wow that looks like a great place. My 4x4 pickup could make it, easy.

My fiver wouldn't. :(

Wow that looks like a great place. My 4x4 pickup could make it, easy.

My fiver wouldn't. :(
PM me if you want a map reference. It's due east of San Diego about 50 - 75 miles. It's pretty in the spring. I don't know what governor Jerry has done lately but it is a state park where camping is OK on any of the hundreds of miles of 4X4 trails as long as you are less than a car length off the trail and not smashing significant vegetation. No fires (it is Calif). No loaded firearms. No ATVs though an OFRV area is adjacent.

steve4810 said:
PM me if you want a map reference. It's due east of San Diego about 50 - 75 miles. It's pretty in the spring. I don't know what governor Jerry has done lately but it is a state park where camping is OK on any of the hundreds of miles of 4X4 trails as long as you are less than a car length off the trail and not smashing significant vegetation. No fires (it is Calif). No loaded firearms. No ATVs though an OFRV area is adjacent.

I've hiked in Anza Borrego a couple of times. We dove in a creek in the mountains in a Palm Oasis in Palm Canyon. The outside temp was ver 100 and the water was probably in the 40s. I thought my heart stopped for a few seconds when I hit the water.

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&h...1l45231l0l47732l5l5l0l0l0l0l362l641l2-1.1l2l0

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts