Smithsonian HD dropped and replaced with Crime & Investigation HD

I'm on the phone right now, and CSR doesn't know anything. Now I also complained about bill increase with NO notice from E* what so ever.
Do you get your Dish Network bundeled with your telephone service? If not then your bill has not gone up yet. Check your February bill and you will see the prices did not go up.

Man I rather have SmithsonianHD over this CI junk! Whats up with this Scott have you heard anything?? Maybe the Storm has started.. Maybe we all should start email Dish ask them whats going on.. :)

Do you get your Dish Network bundeled with your telephone service? If not then your bill has not gone up yet. Check your February bill and you will see the prices did not go up.
He claimed certain states got notice in the mail of the increase. As of Febuary 1st the prices are increased, TODAY. and no I don't have bundle packs.
He said my bill thats released on the 19th will show the new price increase. Website is being updated as we speak.
HD only packs are available to all customer once again today.
Smithsonian had low ratings so to save on cost it got dropped.
So I said rating would have been much Higher if it didn't cost the customer $20 to view it. Then it was kind of quiet. This is the supervisor now too.
I just stated that I have to pay when I drop services , SO now your paying for dropping your service.;).

Showtime is a Viacom service.

Showtime is from CBS, not Viacom. They split in 2005. While Sumner Redstone runs both, they are separate conglomerates.

I just find it odd that Smithsonian could be yanked less than a year after introduction. I wonder what kind of loophole was in the contract to get Dish out (or are we going to see a fresh lawsuit).

Or maybe yanking Smithsonian WAS part of a new Showtime deal in exchange higher Showtime rates.

Got $20 for 3 months credit. He was english speaking too.. But this still sucks. He said they launched 64 channels this year....:rolleyes: I said List them! :p He said he can't. I said thats what I thought.:mad:.
He said Sorry.:haha:river

Boy I bet Dish CSR's really love their jobs. If that was me talking to you I would ask you to castrate yourself.

It's been a long time since I watched anything on Smithsonian, because it repeats AT LEAST as bad as Voom ever did. (And I liked Voom.) But I'll probably watch C&I even less. Probably not at all, unless they suddenly come up with an HD transfer of Twin Peaks (was it even shot on film?)

But more to the point, I'm left wondering why the hell I'm paying for the Platinum pack (or whatever it's called now, I'm afraid to even try to figure out their website anymore.)

Wasn't a CSR. Only breifly did I chat to the NO NOTHING CSR. So I asked for Supervisor,and got him . Its not my fault they work for a Cheap M F-er

Fine, but what good does it do to bitch at people who have absolutely no FREAKING control over this?

You want to bitch, then take it straight to the ceo@echostar. com e-mail. Remember, it's people up in corporate who don't know you from dogcrap that make decisions like this.

I don't blame anyone for being pissed at this. But you gotta bitch to the right people. Do you really think those people up in corporate really care that their CSRs are getting bitched-out? As long as they don't have to hear it, they don't care.

Let me get this straight. Dish adds an HD channel, then drops another? Hasn't this happened before? That list of new channels Dish is supposed to be getting may just be replacements for other channels? This blows for Dish subs.

Smithsonian probably wasnt a popular channel so they dropped it. Dish probably would rather use that spot for a better HD channel comming SOON.

Good grief, I was just watching the "Monkee" story on Smithsonian last nite for a bit.. had admired the quality of the channel with a lot of the other programming..
and like others have said, seems like this C & I is a poor substitue... perhaps its just a coincidence that C & I was already planned to go on ? Dish seems to be making wierd moves. glad I am not beholding to them with any contracts right now !

Smithsonian probably wasnt a popular channel so they dropped it. Dish probably would rather use that spot for a better HD channel comming SOON.

If that were the case, then why did they replace it with something now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts