Smithsonian Now Gone from EPG

Apparently every hour the guide data is replaced with the Important News slate.

Has anyone noticed if this was going on the whole time?

My guide is going about 3-4 days out. Last Friday it show the Important News Slate until 3pm on Sunday, then Sunday morning it went back to the Slate until Thursday at 3pm, which is what it currently shows.

It's just the way the system works that overrides the guide data. This happens on local channels too that they do not have an agreement with.

See it just moved up another hour.

Not sure of the exact technical process, but the current and next program for each channel is fed by the "live" guide. Probably so they can stay somewhat accurate with any changes made since the night before.

You can see this when they add new channels...You usually can see the next 2 programs, but it's "No Info" after that.

In this case, someone loaded the program info into the 9 day guide that downloaded last night, but the "live" info is over riding it.

Looks fine on FiOS :D:D

:up
:eureka
Hows your Multi Room DVR did they work all the buges out of it yet. Also how many boxes do you need for that work. :rolleyes: With E* all I need is 1 and it cost $5.98. How much is that with fios.....:D

This morning the guide stated, "Important news", but the station was showing CI

Thought I would pass the info along.

Same here. CI is now playing on 374 but the guide shows the important news info. So it looks like it is back up (?) but with incorrect guide info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)