Smithsonian Now Gone from EPG

"C&I has MOVEDto channel 387. Please remember to CHANGE ANY DVR TIMERS you may have to the new channel."

Unbe*******lievable. Is it that they are complete morons, or do they just think all of their customers are?

No one has EVER had ANY DVR timers for C&I on that channel number. It's never had any guide data. And C&I was ALWAYS on 387.

I'm really getting to the point where I just don't want to do business with them simply because they are idiots. They are still cheaper than DirecTV, they still have better HD choices, better equipment...but I don't know if I want to keep giving money to dopes. OR, if this kind of thing is part of some plan to confuse people on purpose to keep them from figuring out they are getting screwed, that's just completely evil.
I saw that and said the same thing. All of the ads from dish said C&I channel 387.The channel didnt move!!!Not sure why Dish continues to shoot themselves in the foot and look totally clueless when it comes to easy things. Over the weekend it was bad enough when the guide info had actual smithsonian programming, but you would click on the channel and get the stupid slate. I also am beginning to believe that hardly anyone at dish knows what is going on.

I saw that and said the same thing. All of the ads from dish said C&I channel 387.The channel didnt move!!!Not sure why Dish continues to shoot themselves in the foot and look totally clueless when it comes to easy things. Over the weekend it was bad enough when the guide info had actual smithsonian programming, but you would click on the channel and get the stupid slate. I also am beginning to believe that hardly anyone at dish knows what is going on.
maybe u dont!! CI was at that channel for bit tho no guide data showed on that channel

maybe u dont!! CI was at that channel for bit tho no guide data showed on that channel
maybe u dont what???
I know that c&i was on 374 for a while, however C&I was always on 387. That is the real home of c&i. 374 was technically just a mirror, that is why it didnt have guide info. It was put up there to try and make dish look good for removing smithsonian. All dish ads said C&I 387.No one in there right mind would set timers for a channel with the wrong channel name, and no program info/titles.

The fact that the EPG keeps flashing on probably means that Dish and Smithsonian are in talks. If they were done Dish would have deleted the guide data and would probably have deleted the channel now that it has been a few weeks.

Keep it civil please. No flaming or attacks. PLEASE.

Why is it OK for people to constantly post information that is wrong or unhelpful, but it's not OK to point it out?

Believe me, I'd love for this place to be more civil. Raising the intelligence level would be 80% of the battle.

I can't believe I still sub to Platinum. I guess it's time to fix that when I get home.

I finally dropped it (again) a few hours ago. I wish Mark Cuban would stand up to Charlie and get his wonderful HDNet Movies out of that wasteland.

Quick turn of events from flashing guide data to completely removed. I guess Dish decided they have nothing to talk about now...

This sucks for you Dish subs. Even though they do repeat a lot of their programming, they do have a lot of good original programming. It seems like most of the original programming is coming out now (bad timing for removal as well). I am currently watching the series, "Sound Stage" about the history of Blues, Jazz, Soul, R&B, and Rock. This has been the only SERIES I have recorded on this channel.

Hope you guys get it back. When providers start dropping stations it increases the chance that other providers will soon follow.

This sucks for you Dish subs. Even though they do repeat a lot of their programming, they do have a lot of good original programming. It seems like most of the original programming is coming out now (bad timing for removal as well). I am currently watching the series, "Sound Stage" about the history of Blues, Jazz, Soul, R&B, and Rock. This has been the only SERIES I have recorded on this channel.

Hope you guys get it back. When providers start dropping stations it increases the chance that other providers will soon follow.

Funny, Smithsonian was a Voom replacement.

Another good channel bites the dust.
Its like Charlie is the Darth Vador of the Sat industry.
He kills
just about anything good in his path. Or anyone who defies him.

I guess Hdnet, Hd movies are next....

This is exactly why I will not renew my contract.
I pay month to month.I can leave at anytime.
I pay dish a fraction of what I paid them before the takedown of my orginal 15HD channels.

If only the company were as good as their dvdrs..Thats would be something!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)