Sneak Preview & 3 months for free on Eurochannel!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eurochannel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Miami
Until the 15th of November, get a $30 gift card if you suscribe to Eurochannel A la Carte on DISH Network!

All details of our special promotion are on our website.

If you are already a DISH subscriber, you can still enjoy our Sneak Preview until the 4th of November.

In November, don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy our exclusive interview of the French DJ David Guetta, who will talk about his latest album One Love!

Tune in on 7-5-2 and watch Eurochannel for free, the only channel wholly subtitled in English!

You are self-defeating.

The 118.7 slot is for International channels, in other words, channels that are in every channel other than English.

People have that special dish installed only to watch channels that are not in English.

So, since you are on 118.7, you are on the wrong satellite.

The people who subscribe to the Chinese package, the Farsi package or the South Asian package are not going to watch your channel.

You need to be on the same satellite(s) as the English language packages.

You are self-defeating.

The 118.7 slot is for International channels, in other words, channels that are in every channel other than English.

People have that special dish installed only to watch channels that are not in English.

So, since you are on 118.7, you are on the wrong satellite.

The people who subscribe to the Chinese package, the Farsi package or the South Asian package are not going to watch your channel.

You need to be on the same satellite(s) as the English language packages.

Oh come on, that's not true. I'm pointed at 118.7 and would watch a channel in English. Besides, do a la carte channels really have control over which bird dish puts them on?

I agree with kstuart, a general-interest channel should be on one of the core satellites. (Not that they can do anything about it.)

Strictly out of curiosity, how does EuroChannel compare in programming to MHz Worldview, FTA on Galaxy 19 and occasionally used as a subchannel on PBS stations in markets that are saturated with PBS's own offerings?

Strictly out of curiosity, how does EuroChannel compare in programming to MHz Worldview, FTA on Galaxy 19 and occasionally used as a subchannel on PBS stations in markets that are saturated with PBS's own offerings?

MHZ is definitely more educational than Eurochannel. Core offer of MHZ is news and documentaries, ours is movies and television series.

Eurochannel is above all an entertainment channel, even if it offers an undeniable educational aspect as well : exclusively broadcast in original audio, offering movies with cultural, historical values or adapted from classic novels (Jean de la Fontaine for instance this month).

Just have a quick look at our subs Monthly Programming Guide on our website and you will see quickly the difference.

Hope it answers to your question Jim.

Just have a quick look at our subs Monthly Programming Guide on our website and you will see quickly the difference.

Hope it answers to your question Jim.

That's what I did. I looked at the website, decided I would like the programming, and then I ordered it, along with the free upgrade to a 500+ dish that would receive 118.7. I have been a happy customer for over a year. Right now I'm watching mysteries based on the 'Inspector Maigret' books by Georges Simenon, an old favorite of mine, all in French with English subtitles.

DISH should never have put this channel on the 118.7 satellite. It makes no sense. The other channels on this satellite are geared toward a particular language (Farsi, Urdu, whatever), but Eurochannel programming, while predominantly French, can come from just about anywhere in Europe, including the UK. Since it all has English subtitles, it should be treated the same as other channels that offer a lot of subtitled movies, such as the Sundance channel or Ovation.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you enjoy our programming Multnomah! :)

FYI : Further to many of our viewers requests, the Maigret collection will keep going with two new movies each month.

It's a good channel, however, in the past, Dish has uplinked internationals on one of the core sats so that those not looking at 118.7 (or the old wing slots) could see the free "preview." It would be best for Eurochnnel to make such arrangement with Dish, otherwise, only those looking at the internationals sat could see it, and it is highly unlikely that those subscribers who are already paying A LOT of $$ for Chinese, Farsi, you name it, are interested in mostly French programming subtitled in English. They truly have NO interest what so ever.

However, Eurochannel would greatly appeal to English speaking Americans who enjoy "arthouse" movies and enjoy the movies on IFC or Starz Cinema and are prefer "independant" films. Eurochannel needs to be on free preview on the core sats of 119 or 110 to reach those who would really be interested, as well as some kind of promotional gimmick to get the attention of subscribers to tune to the preview like appearing on the Charlie Chat and some kind of contest giveaway, etc. If it is marketed as "independent" type or "arthouse" film channel with TV series from throughout Europe (mostly France) it would appeal to the Americans who don't really like Hollywood films and are considered intellectual and have a far more broad perspective than the average American because Eurochannel does have really good programming. I am still upset that TV5 World (US) no longer English subtitles its nightly half-hour newscast for international distribution. It was one of the best newscasts on TV, anywhere.

I watch this station during the free preview. There was a French or Euro movie starring an Asian guy.

I watch this station during the free preview. There was a French or Euro movie starring an Asian guy.

They really do play very good movies, overall, and some TV series. Although TV5 is mostly in French, nearly all the movies, and only a few TV series, are subtitled in English. Both TV5 and Eurochannel do have good programming, and, of course, all programming in Eurochannel is English subtitled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts