Snow For Virginia and the Northeast!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Local forecast says 16" to 24" starting Friday around 8am and ending around midnight Saturday night! :imshocked I've never seen more than 16" fall at one time and that was back in March of 1986. Back then I had a 4x4 Subaru wagon that WOULDN'T GO! Now I have a 1993 Dodge W350 1 ton 4x4 so if I need to get out, I probably can. I'll spend most of the day tomorrow getting ready for this one.

YUK!

Ground is already white here near the VA/NC line.And today is just a foretaste of what is to start late thursday nite.BRRRR

Ground is already white here near the VA/NC line.And today is just a foretaste of what is to start late thursday nite.BRRRR

Yeah, we got a "dusting" this afternoon and the ground is white but there's probably no more than a 1/4" out there and it will likely be gone by noon tomorrow.

I keep looking on Weatherunderground.com at that system that's in the midwest now but at this point it doesn't look like that much of a storm to me? In fact, I've been watching this for a couple of days now and that storm that's coming isn't as large as the one that just passed through?

But I guess we'll find out Friday, hey!

I've got my fingers crossed. Early in the week the forecast was for 8-12", then it went to 3-8" and now it says 1-3" for the northern tier. I'm taking no chances, however, and will mount the snowplow Friday afternoon anyway. Better prepared than sorry.

Crap, spoke too soon, it just went back up to 5-8".

Last edited:
I keep looking on Weatherunderground.com at that system that's in the midwest now but at this point it doesn't look like that much of a storm to me?

I think when the storm gets closer to the east coast, the jet coming from south to north near the coast will bring moist air up from the south, hit the low from the system coming from the west and boom, snowmaggedon!

We wound up with about 3/4 inch yesterday.Forecast is looking scarier now...tomorrow could turn into an afternoon ice event rather than all snow.Let's hope the electricity stays on!

HA HA! I got out of CT and we don't see much here!

My coworkers don't believe me when I talk about some of the storms we'd get on the east coast. Here in western CO we had record snow of 5" on Christmas. 18"+ in one storm seems insane to them if it's not in the Rockies.

Stay warm and drive safe out there!

Just re-scanned 72W Ku. Six HD feeds showed up in addition to the usual NBC mux. Nothing interesting on those feeds right now, but if the big snow hits, there could be some entertainment available.

Central NC...where we came from...is expected to have 16 hrs of freezing rain between the snowfalls.Possibly 1/2 inch of freezing rain.That's serious stuff if it happens.

Calling for almost all snow here at Cana Va now...but the forecast is still evolving.If I had wings I would fly south for the winter.

Central NC...where we came from...is expected to have 16 hrs of freezing rain between the snowfalls.Possibly 1/2 inch of freezing rain.That's serious stuff if it happens.

Calling for almost all snow here at Cana Va now...but the forecast is still evolving.If I had wings I would fly south for the winter.

1/2'' of freezing rain is no joke, power lines and limbs can't withstand that very well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)