Snow For Virginia and the Northeast!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now it's back down to 3-5". I wonder if someone just throws a dart at the wall every couple of hours? :imconfused With this kind of wishy-washy prediction I guess I have to mount the snowplow.

Expected by noon now, not 3. Heavy by 5. I work till 6. Should have drive the 4WD truck.

I guess you can be thankful you don't keep snow machines to get around in the winter, like in West Yellowstone or up in Canada

Expected by noon now, not 3. Heavy by 5. I work till 6. Should have drive the 4WD truck.

Expecting it in the next hour here. Little Genset battery was dead by this morning.
Nothing that an upgrade to a massive marine deep cycle didn't fix.:clapping

We are shut down here in northern Greenville county SC. 5 inches of snow last night and freezing rain since about 7AM ,freezing rain for another 6 hours followed by more snow tonight.

4.5 inches + here at 10am and coming down fast.Spent over an hour pulling the drives and road in our little housing development...came in wet and cold...brrrr.Going back to do it again in a couple hours.Scrape blade on the back off a tractor isn't the best way to get 'er done.Tractor overheated before I could pull my own drive. :facepalm

Be nice if I get a least a thank you this time.lol.I'm sure I'll hear about something not being done right though. <end rant>

Snow started around 8am here in the central part of Virginia. Looks like we've gotten about 2 to 3" in the past couple of hours. Local forecast puts me in the 18" to 24" path?? KRAP!

4.5 inches + here at 10am and coming down fast.Spent over an hour pulling the drives and road in our little housing development...came in wet and cold...brrrr.Going back to do it again in a couple hours.Scrape blade on the back off a tractor isn't the best way to get 'er done.Tractor overheated before I could pull my own drive. :facepalm

Be nice if I get a least a thank you this time.lol.I'm sure I'll hear about something not being done right though. <end rant>

Its coming down like crazy here.Only started 1/2 hour ago, but things are getting covered quickly.
No neighbors to worry with here. I will plow on Sunday when its above freezing.
Takes a few hours to plow my driveway and parking areas, I've done it in the subfreezing and snow and it sucks, I will wait.

Just saw on NBC where stores are selling out of bread,milk,etc in Maryland(I think).They showed an online ad offering a loaf of bread for $20. :eeek

While we are sitting around our warm fires today eating and watching TV,
think of these guys at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier:

11002503_767612339974090_6454338830121403084_n.jpg

Lots of snow here and now the wind, so it is starting to drift. I hope it blows enough to keep the dishes clear, else, it is back out with the janitor broom......

Sun just came out here.Wooo hoo! Not going above freezing until midday tomorrow though. 21 mph winds,occasional gusts over 40 mph.Brrrrrr

Maybe 7 inches of snow here...I ain't going back out to measure it.lol.We didn't get hit as hard as was predicted. :clapping

I just finished shoveling off the porches, AGAIN, so we can open those doors if needed. Measured out on the concrete pad in front of the shop door on the West end of the house and there's 12" there. Last night we had sleet for about 2 to 3 hours so if that would have been snow we'd probably have 2 or 3 more inches than that.

It's all but stopped right now but the forecast says it won't be done until around 8pm. Looks like the major part of the storm is East of us now and there's a ridge of high pressure running from Texas to Michigan so hopefully that will continue to move it to the East/Northeast.

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-radar/united-states/animated?MR=1

Did I mention that I'm tired of snow already? :deadhorse2

Reactions: fred555
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts