Snow on the dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When my dish gets covered... I pull my van around front of my house.. set may ladder up. Lock it on the gutter.. climb up and use the snow brush from my van and a cordless hair dryer.. if need be I change the lnb out.. then again I swap my lnb about once a year... oh.. wait.... sorry guys I guess these aren't viable solutions for you guys... my bad..

For someone with the right connections, it is probably only about $10 worth of electronics. You were only kidding though I hope. I would be worried about hitting it while cleaning it.

My cobweb rig might work. It is a fiberglass extension pole from the hardware store, attached to a straw broom with electrical zip ties (so I can remove the broom to put other "attachments" on it). Those fiberglass poles are delicate though, and if you swat the back of the dish too hard with it, it might shatter the pole.

For someone with the right connections, it is probably only about $10 worth of electronics. You were only kidding though I hope. I would be worried about hitting it while cleaning it.

My cobweb rig might work. It is a fiberglass extension pole from the hardware store, attached to a straw broom with electrical zip ties (so I can remove the broom to put other "attachments" on it). Those fiberglass poles are delicate though, and if you swat the back of the dish too hard with it, it might shatter the pole.
Nope lol wasn't kidding at all. Then again I'm also a certified installer for directv... that's where the joke came in haha.

Nah they dont... I'm just anal about having the best and newest manufacturer. . And signal power does degrade over time where as signal quality usually does not.

Okay, I see what you meant now. Still a first-year customer here.

So should I expect about four or five years out of it?

Okay, I see what you meant now. Still a first-year customer here.

So should I expect about four or five years out of it?
Easily... we go to movers installs that have existing dishes and can still use them. Signal quality is pretty good.. but realistically when you eventually upgrade your equipment it will be replaced then if it doesn't pass our testing. Your lnb will get replaced over time just by having tech visits.

so super soaker are ok? they won't ruin the dish or the cables?
My dish is on the roof and the back faces me and I am not able to climb up to the roof so I use a hose from inside with warm water aimed at the back of the dish works every time.

When my dish gets covered... I pull my van around front of my house.. set may ladder up. Lock it on the gutter.. climb up and use the snow brush from my van and a cordless hair dryer.. if need be I change the lnb out.. then again I swap my lnb about once a year... oh.. wait.... sorry guys I guess these aren't viable solutions for you guys... my bad..
Sure they are, as long as you send us the LNBs !

I wouldn't want to use a garden hose in chilly weather especially here in the low teen temperatures
I wouldn't want the water line to freeze, though it's not really cold to get to that point yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts