SNY Gone Tomorrow? (It's Gone!)

I left DISH as well after the loss of the RSN's, also wasn't happy with the center ice product through DISH where the Islander games (yes they have fans too) were at a mininum, if any, and usually on the opponents telecasts. Very wierd though, when the opportunity that they showed a Devil/Ranger/Islander game on CI they would black out the commercials when they didn't do that for the other games on CI. Very happy now that I get SNY, MLB, MSG (SD) and even YES. Is it me or is DISH always in dispute with some provider (SNY, DIS, MSG, YES and so on).

Charlie likely made the decision about dropping SNY when he decided not to get a deal done with MSG. To keep the sports enthusiasts on board in NY, even if he could get a reasonable deal done with YES, it would cost $7.50+ per subscriber (average of $2.50/RSN). While most markets only have one RSN @ $2.50. NY's locals also have to cost them more too. It's a shame, as I loved my Dishnetwork receivers and Dish in general. Been with them over 11 years; I started with the Dishplayer 7100 and WebTV. Getting used to my DirecTV receivers, but love watching the Mets and SNY and looking forward to having MSG once the Knick's and Islander's get started again. Sunday Ticket will also be great to have, as my son is a big New Orlan's fan (Since Reggie Bush signed). Face it, Dish isn't getting SNY back, so make the switch, you'll be glad you did.

jsorak said:
Very wierd though, when the opportunity that they showed a Devil/Ranger/Islander game on CI they would black out the commercials when they didn't do that for the other games on CI.

I've noticed the same thing on flyers broadcasts. From what I can tell dish is using a NHL provided feed for those games, probably what is being uploaded from the team broadcast truck on site. Thus, the NHL shows that crazy logo with annoying music to hide the stuff not supposed to go for general broadcast. Not so much this year but a few years ago they weren't as diligent I switching it and one coils hear the off air banter/comments and various backstage stuff.

If dish has access to a processed feed, they seem to somehow use that finished fees instead.

My mother is a big Mets fan I am not she send a lot of angry emails to Dish and is peeved they dropped SNY on opening day. She did not care about MSG but I told her that when they did drop MSG that I knew they would drop SNY. She says I wish FiOS was available here so she would switch to it but it will never become available here. I wish FiOS was available though because although I am not a big sports fan they do carry the Disney channels in HD and I don't have to worry about rain fade which is a big annoyance at important times but I can't switch to anything because we are locked in a contract with Dish after upgrading all of our receivers to ViP 612 MPEG-4 to be on the Eastern Arc and have 22 months left.

Check your local cable company. Some will pay your Early termination fee's for switching. We have cablevision, and they pay up to $200 for you ETF when you switch to them. They carry all of the RSN's in HD. I also have a long time left on my contract with Dish, but plan on switching as soon as it all equals out with that $200.

Face it, Dish isn't getting SNY back, so make the switch, you'll be glad you did.

Agreed, if you are waiting and hoping, you're going to be disappointed. SNY has said all along that Dish has had very little contact with them and has not seriously negotiated.

Check your local cable company. Some will pay your Early termination fee's for switching. We have cablevision, and they pay up to $200 for you ETF when you switch to them. They carry all of the RSN's in HD. I also have a long time left on my contract with Dish, but plan on switching as soon as it all equals out with that $200.

Time Warner offered us a deal like that (up to $200) if we bundled phone, internet & cable.

Evidently the Dish "braintrust" has looked at the numbers and your subscription is worth less than these channels cost them, so the gamble of losing a few subscribers was worth not having to pay the toll.

Just checking back in to see if I screwed up, but I guess I did not. Still no SNY, even though they said they were "working hard to get a deal done" back in April. Too bad, as I miss having my receivers, but cable has a few advantages, like better sports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)