SNY Gone Tomorrow? (It's Gone!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So...let me get this straight. No MSG, No SNY, No YES = No RSN for Western New York. Fox Sports Ohio is now our "RSN". We want NESN....at least we could see decent baseball on a regular basis.

I know, I know, if I want sports get Direct....been there, no can do, no LOS.

wish"one of the leading experts in this industry" could shed some light on where this is going. does Dish really want to drive all sports fans to direct tv? that is the way it looks.

So...let me get this straight. No MSG, No SNY, No YES = No RSN for Western New York. Fox Sports Ohio is now our "RSN". We want NESN....at least we could see decent baseball on a regular basis.

Yep, that is why I am with Crime Warner for now anyways. Perhaps Directv this fall. I was hoping taking a 2 year promo with Time Warner, would give Dish a chance to get their act together. Unfortunately, that promo expires in August and will have to make a decision by September for next hockey season.

Jeez, you would think with the current financial mess the Wilpon's are in they wouldn't want to lose the Dish revenue. Then again, maybe they are asking for high rate increases because they are strapped....

Just to shed a little light on this, Charter Cable in Eastern Ct., in the DMA of SNY, Just started carrying it a few months ago. Why? Price according to them was astronomical and it was for a one pro team, the Mets. (They are the Jets home, but they carry no games) I'm sure the only reason Charter finally got it, was because Uconn Sports is now on SNY wildly popular in CT, and even more so in Eastern Ct. since that is where Uconn is.
There should be no surprise that Dish would not just pay what they are asking. The one thing I do think Dish should do, is find a way to accommodate subscribers who lose their RSN permanently. After a given time they should be able to cancel their contract, or accept a discount of some kind, or a movie package, etc....

Oh crap. All I care about are the Mets and the Giants for sports so I was unaffected by the other drops/lack of channel adds.... Now this one will hurt.

OK, E*, you've got a month. If you don't have a new deal in place by the end of April, I'm heading for Fios, and I'm taking my $200 a month Platinum account with me. Guess I better focus on working down my DVR backlog.

Anyone know how the Verizon's Fios DVRs compare to E*'s on capacity? Can external HDs be added?

Personally, I really don't care for the Mets so there is no reason for me to watch SNY.

But it just boggles my mind that DISH would not carry programming to service the #1 media market in the country. Without YES, MSG/MSG+ or SNY, it would seem that DISH is giving the big middle finger salute to NYC and New York State.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)