SNY Gone Tomorrow? (It's Gone!)

Hemi 6.1 said:
Still waiting for you to back up your claim!
Or still waiting untill your mom finds out your on her computer again.

Here is your clue...call Dish. They will tell you all about it. No 1080i channels in their full resolution. None. Zero. You're the one who questioned it. The burden is on you to prove otherwise. You appear to be the only person here who isn't aware of these facts.

Iceberg said:
lets get back on topic people :)

This is what happens, just like in our country. We fight with each other over stupid minuscule things, and lose focus on the real enemy ... in this case, Cable/Sat companies :)

Today is my last day with Dish. After 5 years with Dish I am having Direct TV installed tomorrow. I am not a super sports fan but I do like to be able to watch the local teams. Now with SNY gone there are 0 NY teams on Dish. If you believe all the hype that Dish is keeping their rates low by not having sports than the cost for Dish should be much lower than it is. Dish raises its rates every year while reducing the available channels. (channels I care to watch). I made the decision to switch before this latest fiasco with SNY. The current situation only makes me feel better about leaving.

Here is your clue...call Dish. They will tell you all about it. No 1080i channels in their full resolution. None. Zero. You're the one who questioned it. The burden is on you to prove otherwise. You appear to be the only person here who isn't aware of these facts.
Again I never said Dish wasn't HD lite.
I know their HD is 1440 x 1080 and their SD Mpeg 4 is 480x480 and SD Mpeg2 is 540x480

But you claim D* is Full uncompressed HD when its not!
And I've asked you to prove it and you haven't.

Hemi 6.1 said:
Again I never said Dish wasn't HD lite.
I know their HD is 1440 x 1080 and their SD Mpeg 4 is 480x480 and SD Mpeg2 is 540x480

But you claim D* is Full uncompressed HD when its not!
And I've asked you to prove it and you haven't.

I never said DirecTV was "uncompressed"...which further proves that you do not know what HD-lite is. Do your homework. DirecTV offers every 720p and 1080i channel in its native resolution. Dish Network manipulates the resolution of every 1080i channel and shaves it down. If you don't know what you are talking about, then just say so.

Hemi 6.1 said:
Again Prove it!

Fios is the only provider I know of that this has been proven.

Once again you are talking about bitrate compression and not resolution. You do not get it. You've probably never heard of a SatcoDX. The header information shows the resolution.

As a casual outside observer, it appears to me that not only does Dish not have much emphasis on sports programming, it also does not have a great investment in subscribers in NYC, so the impetus to pay the big bucks for such things is not great.

$0.10

As a casual outside observer, it appears to me that not only does Dish not have much emphasis on sports programming, it also does not have a great investment in subscribers in NYC, so the impetus to pay the big bucks for such things is not great.

$0.10
-well they added all those small local markets in upstate NY.. Ireally dont get their stratagey

Hey Iceberg, I know you want everyone to get back on topic but I think this thread has run its course for now. I'm sure if someone hears anything about SNY, he or she will post it here.

Perhaps I misunderstood you, but if you're suggesting that the thread be closed:
If the current thread is left open, no new thread will have to be started when the situation with SNY changes. Threads tend to die on their own if left alone.

Possible, although I dont know if DISH wants to get a SNY deal done. They already got rid of all the other NY RSN's they abondoned that market a long time ago.

Besides (and this is a joke...) Mets fans are SMART and wont care if DISH does not carry SNY since they know the Mets season is already over. :D
I'm a Mets fan. I am hoping for 75 -80 wins..Realistic Mets fan.
They simply do not have the pitching and playing in that cavernous stadium is killing the team's power numbers.
Whoever decided on the shape of the outfield wall and the dimensions should have their head examined.
BAck to the thread.,...I would imagine there is no real incentive for Dish to negotiate with SNY because by now, Dish has little presence in the NY Market. Dish is in a win win. BY not having YES and dropping MSG and now SNY, Dish gets to thumb their noses at SNY and they lose very little.
Dish: Bye bye New York, New Jersey and Western Connecticut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)