So...after Orby, what next?

I tried the newest Televes 560483, and though I can't really find exact specs on it's noise rating, It's got to be OVER 4db, from my tests. That's WAY too high, IMO. The Kitztech KT-200-Coax pre-amp beats it without even breathing hard.
Can you tell me if the FM filter is switchable?
I'm interested in a LNA with low noise figures for long distance FM reception.
Any OTA TV I get would be a perk. I'm around 95 miles from Buffalo as the Beechcraft flies.

Can you tell me if the FM filter is switchable?
I'm interested in a LNA with low noise figures for long distance FM reception.
Any OTA TV I get would be a perk. I'm around 95 miles from Buffalo as the Beechcraft flies.
Do you mean on the Kitztech pre-amp? My older model doesn't have a built-in FM filter, so I don't know. I use an outboard one. Though looking at the specs of the new one, I suspect it's always on. Email the owner and ask, he's pretty responsive.

The lte and FM filter on the Televes pre-amp is always ON.

Do you mean on the Kitztech pre-amp? My older model doesn't have a built-in FM filter, so I don't know. I use an outboard one. Though looking at the specs of the new one, I suspect it's always on. Email the owner and ask, he's pretty responsive.

The lte and FM filter on the Televes pre-amp is always ON.
Well......crap! My CM-777 is working dandy anyway. I was pondering trying my nooelec LANA just for giggles. But I'd have to build a power inserter and dig for a DC block and grab F adapters.

Still not sure of what I will do next after Orby. I had Dish for 10+ years and not going back. I had a 2 month break in between. I boxed up my owned 211K Dish receiver and it's in the closet. Just OTA and FTA for now. Perhaps Discovery+ when the new fiber ISP gets here.

Why exactly did Orby fail? Were you people trying to make Orby be like Directv and Dish Network in it's infancy? What did you owners expect for $40 dollars a month? This company was in business for only 16 months. Whose fault is that they failed? You complainers or Orby? I seen lot of comments suggesting what type of Satellite or resolution they should be using verses what they provided. Were you asking for too much too soon? I mean to ask so much from a company that you didn't really know their financials or subscriber base probably did them in. You guys have the floor! Go...

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Why exactly did Orby fail? Were you people trying to make Orby be like Directv and Dish Network in it's infancy? What did you owners expect for $40 dollars a month? This company was in business for only 16 months. Whose fault is that they failed? You complainers or Orby? I seen lot of comments suggesting what type of Satellite or resolution they should be using verses what they provided. Were you asking for too much too soon? I mean to ask so much from a company that you didn't really know their financials or subscriber base probably did them in. You guys have the floor! Go...

Subscribers asking for features doesn't put companies out of business. Trying to add those features at costs beyond what a company's financial picture will support can though. That's not the subscribers fault, that's the fault of the company not saying "No", or at least "Not yet". None of us know what Orby's financial situation was at the beginning on through to the end, although rumor had it they were desperately seeking new financing before the final curtain fell.

Let's see, maybe starting a new satellite company at least 10 years too late, when the big majority of people already have 100's of options for streaming?

I'd say that was by far their biggest mistake, and obviously fatal.

I saw what I thought to be a tremendous amount of complaining about Orby. Some complained that the rx wasn't sophisticated enough for them, some complained that not all channels were HD, and on and on. All seemed to me to be minor things by people spoiled by premium providers.
I was just delighted to have TV at a reasonable cost. If I could, I'd still have them and be happy about it.
Could be some of the complaints scared some people away; who knows?

I saw what I thought to be a tremendous amount of complaining about Orby. Some complained that the rx wasn't sophisticated enough for them, some complained that not all channels were HD, and on and on. All seemed to me to be minor things by people spoiled by premium providers.
I was just delighted to have TV at a reasonable cost. If I could, I'd still have them and be happy about it.
Dude, Orbt lasted less than 2 years. And you're trying to pass some of the blame to the subscribers? This is all on them by being poorly financed, coming out years too late and having second tier equipment.

$40 / four rooms

Can"t beat it!

Nope. Four rooms for $40

That's the perk orbytv should have pushed harder IMO
Should you not average the costs of the boxes and if any install charges to that $40 a month?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts