So...after Orby, what next?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What I am saying like certain channels can be used for FTA like A&E, CNN headlines, Weather Nation, few home shopping, CSPAN 1,2 and 3 and rest of other channels will be in pay TV areas :hatsoff

Honestly I just don’t think the market they were shooting for was big enough to make it work.
There are too many options available now.
No, these options aren’t available for everyone, but they are probably available for enough that their target wasn’t big enough to sustain them.

Went to the dark side, Dish kept sending me offered with a $400 gift card, was already considering it as I was getting tired of my Orby Dvrs frequent lock ups & need 4 reboot. I only didnt pull the trigger earlier because I really wanted to support Orby as a competitor to the big 2.
But my offer has me paying $54 a month (no locals, get them off my antenna).
And Spectrum cable was put in right around both corners on my Rd last summer (with a big loop of cable on pole like 4 poles down rd) so hopefully I will have high speed internet soon and Spectrum will buy out what remains on my 24 month dish contract.

I tried the newest Televes 560483, and though I can't really find exact specs on it's noise rating, It's got to be OVER 4db, from my tests. That's WAY too high, IMO. The Kitztech KT-200-Coax pre-amp beats it without even breathing hard.
I think this requires some clarification. The 560483 is a poor choice for your application. Please, allow me to elaborate. This dual broadband input preamp is intended to provide a solution to combine two broadband antennas on a budget, as such, it has an input broadband combiner, which inevitably increases the effective NF of the system. It is a great solution for many scenarios where a customer wants or needs to combine two antennas overlapping bands, but due to the nature of the combination, it is quite obviously not the ideal choice to be used for just one feed, be it coming from a broadband antenna or by diplexing several band-specific antennas, particularly in a fringe situation, as in that case the system is losing precious C/N by the broadband combination that it might need to meet the decode threshold. Not because the amplifier is "bad" by any means (it actually provides much better filtering, flatness, and gain regulation compared to most of the commercially available amps currently offered in the market) but because of the input RF combination needed for the intended application. This is actually mentioned in the amp's manual:

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 4.11.52 PM.png

The actual NF of the active itself is pretty much in line with that of the unit you are using (which is not .4dB). The right product for one feed would be the one input, P/N 560383, or in a fringe situation with two antennas, use two individual preamplifiers and combine after, once the aerial feeds have been preamped and the NF of the system established. I hope this clarifies a little better. These are really very good units when used as intended. If you have the opportunity I suggest you try the 560383, which provides the most accurate repack filtering in the industry nowadays and individually adjusts the VHF and UHF independently ensuring an optimal amount of gain is applied to each band over time avoiding overload.

televes_vs_d-jpg.3125351.jpeg

Reactions: Tvland1
I have a 560483 that's working great with 2 Televes Dat Boss Mix LR antenna's for 2 different markets
Glad to hear, and yes, you are preamping at the DATs already and then the 560483’s input combiner will not degrade your original C/N and will be a good choice to do that combination if you have a longer run, while not overloading since it will back up the gain when needed

Maybe this?
Gittin closer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts