So are we going to see a huge surge in uplink activity on Jun 3rd?

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Now that SHVERA has passed are we going to see alot of new local markets being turned on either tommorrow or Thursday?

And what about the "SV channels"? I hope they put WMUR back on for the rest of us subs here in NH.

Predictions anyone?

Yes we are... and Digiblur has been working on adding some new features to our uplink report as well, so hopefully those updates will make i t in time for what could be the mother of all uplink reports. :)

Scott any rumors about the status of SV channels?? Are we going to get them now?

Yes we are... and Digiblur has been working on adding some new features to our uplink report as well, so hopefully those updates will make i t in time for what could be the mother of all uplink reports. :)

Ahh yes you are correct, I forgot about that one...

I haven't checked in a few days as it might be up in testing. :)

I will try to look when I get a chance.

[OT Rant]
Galavision is NOT an international channel. It is an American network owned by an American company with studios in LA, New York and Miami with programming designed for an American audience that happens to speak Spanish. Same goes for Telemundo, TeleFutura, Univision, and Caribevision. Spanish is spoken by more than 30 million American CITIZENS, about 15 million LEGAL residents and countless illegals.

And to a degree Azteca America is an American network just like BBC America.
[/OT Rant]

[OT Rant]
Galavision is NOT an international channel. It is an American network owned by an American company with studios in LA, New York and Miami with programming designed for an American audience that happens to speak Spanish. Same goes for Telemundo, TeleFutura, Univision, and Caribevision. Spanish is spoken by more than 30 million American CITIZENS, about 15 million LEGAL residents and countless illegals.

And to a degree Azteca America is an American network just like BBC America.
[/OT Rant]
Wasn't galavision a Premium channel at one time?

Now that SHVERA has passed are we going to see alot of new local markets being turned on either tommorrow or Thursday?
Thursday is the day for locals per numerous DIsh press releases

And what about the "SV channels"? I hope they put WMUR back on for the rest of us subs here in NH.

There was a thread on it recently and I said they probably will be able to offer it to the rest of NH but I dont see it mapped to the other markets channel range. It still shows just in the Boston channel range

I would say the new channels will come on tomorrow... However as always the press releases about all the new stuff will come out the day after the channels are made available.

Just checked things out, and yes indeed Galavision is up in testing on DISH. Some bad news though... it appears to have replaced Outdoor Channel HD. :(

Here are some screen shots.

Attachments

• gala.jpg
    gala.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 303
  • gala2.jpg
    gala2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 288
Just checked things out, and yes indeed Galavision is up in testing on DISH. Some bad news though... it appears to have replaced Outdoor Channel HD. :(

Here are some screen shots.

BaaaghhhhhhhHHHH!!!!!!

What is dish's plans on new national hd? Right now they seem to be tight lipped on things, to include ignoring anything HDRSN related. Were a month away from the new bird launching.

So, is this going to bring more HD channels like BBC America to 61.5? Or do I have to get my dish re-aimed for that?

Last edited:
You know, as an regular american white dude, I'd love to watch those spanish stations and I do sometimes for futbol, but I can't understand anything.

Why hasn't anyone thought of putting english subs. Or like they do for english stations, they put spanish on SAP or something like that? I've never messed with it, only heard of it.

But seriously, would this not be a cool idea? I know I'd like it as I've tried to watch and understand with the few spanish words I know, and they just speak WAY too fast for me.

Why hasn't anyone thought of putting english subs. Or like they do for english stations, they put spanish on SAP or something like that? I've never messed with it, only heard of it.
I was thinking about that yesterday actually... We have a spanish subchannel here in Hartford called LATV and they were airing real Mexican Wrestling (Luche Libre) and while the action was GREAT I couldn't understand a dang work they were saying. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts