So are we going to see a huge surge in uplink activity on Jun 3rd?

here is the link I was looking fo and I think it is a bit clearer than the one above.r. If they ever changed the definition to discuss whether a carrier provide locals that is not discussed.

: Shvera : Broadcast Law Blog

SCOTT -

Do you have any idea why all these Dish pricing changes and channel additions are dated "June 3" instead of "June 2" ??

What's so special about June 3rd ?

There is nothing in STELA bill that did not immediately take effect with the President's signature a few days ago...

June 3rd is the day after they plan on launching the channels. If something goes wrong and they have to hold something back, no one can say "But Dish said..." :) It's all rumor until you see it on your channel guide.

If you notice most of the new channels such as locals do not become officially available until Thursday... even though they are technically turned on, on Wednesday. :)

I am watching the UPLINK PC and so far nothing... I have my eye on it. :D

If you notice most of the new channels such as locals do not become officially available until Thursday... even though they are technically turned on, on Wednesday. :)

I am watching the UPLINK PC and so far nothing... I have my eye on it. :D

Everything looked good with it when I last checked it.

Should be a few interesting things on there for the AK/HI/PR folks.

Does the significantly viewed part of the STELA law apply to my situation in Rochester, MN where Mason City, IA and Austin, MN are considered locals but most people who have Charter cable watch Minneapolis channels???

Does the significantly viewed part of the STELA law apply to my situation in Rochester, MN where Mason City, IA and Austin, MN are considered locals but most people who have Charter cable watch Minneapolis channels???

The FCC has a list of official Significantly Viewed channels that can be added (which you can find by searching either the Web or this site).

As of June 3rd, Dish will legally be able to add them, but they generally are planning to do so in order to provide a missing network to a locals package. They are less likely to be motivated to add other significantly viewed channels, and probably it depends on a) requests from customers and b) the channels not costing Dish extra to add further viewers.

Hate to tell you this but Mpls locals are NOT SV in Olmsted County. The only ones per the FCC document are the Big 3 in the market

Olmsted
KIMT, 3, Mason City, IA (formerly KGLO)
KAAL, 6, Austin, MN (formerly KAUS)
KTTC, 10, Rochester, MN (formerly KROC)

THe only county in the DMA that has a couple of the Mpls locals as SV is Dodge County and its just 4 & 5

Dodge
KIMT, 3, Mason City, IA (formerly KGLO)
KAAL, 6, Austin, MN (formerly KAUS)
KTTC, 10, Rochester, MN (formerly KROC)
WCCO-TV, 4, Minneapolis, MN
KSTP-TV, 5, St. Paul, MN

some recives cant get some locals in my case my 301 cant bc of its software so dish is replacing it with a non dvr hd reciver so i can have locals on all my recivers.

its not due to software per say. Some markets are in 8PSK modulation and the 301 cannot view them

interesting they are giving you a HD reciever...but if I recall you have HD already? Wonder what they'll give to folks who are SD only

I guess to futureproof...you're charged $7 if I remember correctly for all single tuner non dvr units regardless if SD or HD :)

Does anyone know what happened with Shreveport? :|

Still hanging out with Wichita, KS locals ;)

Here's my speculation... hurry up and get E14 into place and get the new SD markets up there for the June 3rd deal. Throw the new HD locals and let them test for a bit while we get this new locals thing all figured out. Then lets go back to looking at lighting up the new HD markets on E14.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)