So, finally got a deal on a Iphone 3g

I would love to have one,but i don't like the mms thing(or lack of not being able to without email).maybe they will come out with an app for that or include it in an update soon.

Ive been seeing the jailbreak, looks cool, especially the themes. Im assuming you have to re-jailbreak after each SW update?

Correct. You also need to remember that if you need to take you phone into an Apple store for some reason you need to load the normal software back onto it.

Gotcha. I was always loading the newest OS for my blackberry instead of waiting on my carrier, so Im sure Ill be tinkering with this thing before long. Cant wait till it gets here in a few hours

Yeah, saw that one!

Well, so far its not too bad. hard to get used too, but Im getting there. Got gmail setup for my email and it works great, beejive works good too for messaging. Loaded some songs and used itunes to make a couple of led zeppelin ring tones :)

<----< I have an Apple Iphone 3G 8GB, I had it nearly for 4 weeks, I love it, its fast, its amazing, 3G network almost everywhere where I live.
A lot of free apps on the apple store that you can check out.

Well, Im liking the iphone. Now that I came up with some good settings, 3g battery life is not bad as long as I dont spend a lot of time posting on satguys :)

Id say the people that claim its the best phone out there are off, the perfect phone would be a blackberry/iphone hybrid. I do like how fast you can get around with the tough screen, and the apps are great. If they just make it to where beejive can run in the background or give push notifications for im's, ill be happy. Great phone for sure.

I saw one of those, was wondering if the case makes the phone bulky or not. Im getting pretty good life, only need to charge every other night during the week.

Id say the people that claim its the best phone out there are off, the perfect phone would be a blackberry/iphone hybrid.

So what would you say is the best phone out there right now then? Also wondering if there are better phones out there why did you keep your iPhone?

If you are a business guy that needs email, messaging only, I'd stick with blackberry. Iphone is great for that too, but I dont like how they do not allow background programs.

Email - both work great, you can type faster on a blackberry
Web browsing - safari is def better, but I never had too big a problem using the opera mobile on my blackberry

Iphone wins in the menu speed dept, because the touch screen is much faster than the pearl, plus the screen is gorgeous. Im not saying the iphone is not great, im just saying you have the fanboys that like to think it rulez a blackberry, when they have never owned one.

I've been a crackberry user for 6 years, but am keeping the iphone because i like extra apps and the app store has tons. My one complaint, the slower email typing is not a big deal, and the pros outweight the cons.

To me, an iphone with a slider and full keyboard is the best phone ever. For now, it depends on what you need. As said above, if you are just an email/im guy, save your money and get a great deal on any provider with a crackberry. If you like crazy apps and more web surfing, the iphone is def where its at. The best phone depends on what you need.

One final thing on the iphone, is its not for people who dont have technical smarts. I got both my bosses on blackberry and that was a chore, but now they love it. Id NEVER tell them to get an iphone, because it would be a headache for me.

elway,

Besides the obvious Apple websites & the general "have fun playing around with your new toy" experience you can try this thread in an OT part of a poker community I play around at. I'm personally waiting for Verizon to license the Iphone later this year as that is the phone I want but most of my friends are very impressed with the product. I will say that most are also very happy with their Blackberry's too.

iPhone - Two Plus Two Poker Forum

By your post count, I can tell you've been around the Internet barn a few times; while I enjoy the site & obviously play poker it can be a little hostile over there at times. The mods try but the average user is probably 20.

I'm personally waiting for Verizon to license the Iphone later this year as that is the phone I want but most of my friends are very impressed with the product.

That might be a long wait. I believe AT&T has an exclusive for a number of years. Besides, AT&T (& most of the world) uses GSM, and Verizon is CDMA. That would require redesign of the phone, with different electronics.

That might be a long wait. I believe AT&T has an exclusive for a number of years. Besides, AT&T (& most of the world) uses GSM, and Verizon is CDMA. That would require redesign of the phone, with different electronics.

There is, of course, much discussion regarding this on the old intarwebs. Some say 2 years , some say 5 years(based on a debunked USA today article)... truth is, neither AT&T or Apple has stated outright how long AT&T has a lock on the USA market.

As the rumors go, Verizon was approached by Apple before AT&T, so they may have hardware sitting in the wings.

Others point to the fact that Apple has had recent job postings requiring people with knowledge of EVDO as evidence of an impeding announcement from the Apple camp.

Me, I care neither way. I still think my HTC Touch pro blows the iphone and the storm outta the water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts