So how is the new VOOM programming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, I took the plunge yesterday and leased a 411 from a local dealer for $49, who didn't even know there was a problem getting 622's. No matter. I've always been an owner of whatever is in my house but the 411 is an interim step to the 622. I talked to the Dish csr last night when I installed my leased receiver and he said in April I can upgrade to a 622 for $299 with a $200 rebate. Equals $99 bucks net.

The return of WorldSport 24/7 is the #1 reason I want Voom. #2 reason is the Thunderbirds on Family. My 6 year old loves that series, and I was 9 when it debuted. With my 50 year old eyes, the video quality looks fine to me, but I am biased toward Voom

Last edited:
timfouts said:
Well, I took the plunge yesterday and leased a 411 from a local dealer for $49, who didn't even know there was a problem getting 622's. No matter. I've always been an owner of whatever is in my house but the 411 is an interim step to the 622. I talked to the Dish csr last night when I installed my leased receiver and he said in April I can upgrade to a 622 for $299 with a $200 rebate. Equals $99 bucks net.

The return of WorldSport 24/7 is the #1 reason I want Voom. #2 reason is the Thunderbirds on Family. My 6 year old loves that series, and I was 9 when it debuted. With my 50 year old eyes, the video quality looks fine to me, but I am biased toward Voom
So what are they going to charge to lease a 622?:cool:

How that people are getting their MPEG-4 receivers, what is your opinion of the new VOOM channels. I was very surprised at how much I like the Gamplay channel...although I would like to see more matches, reviews, etc; I love World Cinema; World Sport could use some new material; Family Room is OK (love those Muppets); Treasure isn't my cup of tea. Offhand, I would love to see the return of GuyTV and the addition of another grab bag cinema channel.

One word - Good. I am spending 80% of my TV time with Voom channels. World Sport could have more live events. Rave and World Cinema are awesome, Kung Fu and Monster are really good. The rest is OK.

I had the Voom channals the day they came to Dish. In fact I dropped Comcast an moved to dish just for Voom. To tell the truth I was a bit disappointed with voom's movies up until about 3 -4 months ago. now I'm getting more then my money worth. Even the Monster channel is showing watchable stuff lately. Maybe I will get a MPEG-4 receiver to replace my ebay used 6000 and 811............maybe
Does Dish offer a free upgrade route to MPEG-4 IRDs?
If it's Free it's for me. ;)

Last edited: