So how is the new VOOM programming?

Well, I took the plunge yesterday and leased a 411 from a local dealer for $49, who didn't even know there was a problem getting 622's. No matter. I've always been an owner of whatever is in my house but the 411 is an interim step to the 622. I talked to the Dish csr last night when I installed my leased receiver and he said in April I can upgrade to a 622 for $299 with a $200 rebate. Equals $99 bucks net.

The return of WorldSport 24/7 is the #1 reason I want Voom. #2 reason is the Thunderbirds on Family. My 6 year old loves that series, and I was 9 when it debuted. With my 50 year old eyes, the video quality looks fine to me, but I am biased toward Voom

Last edited:
timfouts said:
Well, I took the plunge yesterday and leased a 411 from a local dealer for $49, who didn't even know there was a problem getting 622's. No matter. I've always been an owner of whatever is in my house but the 411 is an interim step to the 622. I talked to the Dish csr last night when I installed my leased receiver and he said in April I can upgrade to a 622 for $299 with a $200 rebate. Equals $99 bucks net.

The return of WorldSport 24/7 is the #1 reason I want Voom. #2 reason is the Thunderbirds on Family. My 6 year old loves that series, and I was 9 when it debuted. With my 50 year old eyes, the video quality looks fine to me, but I am biased toward Voom
So what are they going to charge to lease a 622?:cool:

How that people are getting their MPEG-4 receivers, what is your opinion of the new VOOM channels. I was very surprised at how much I like the Gamplay channel...although I would like to see more matches, reviews, etc; I love World Cinema; World Sport could use some new material; Family Room is OK (love those Muppets); Treasure isn't my cup of tea. Offhand, I would love to see the return of GuyTV and the addition of another grab bag cinema channel.

One word - Good. I am spending 80% of my TV time with Voom channels. World Sport could have more live events. Rave and World Cinema are awesome, Kung Fu and Monster are really good. The rest is OK.

I had the Voom channals the day they came to Dish. In fact I dropped Comcast an moved to dish just for Voom. To tell the truth I was a bit disappointed with voom's movies up until about 3 -4 months ago. now I'm getting more then my money worth. Even the Monster channel is showing watchable stuff lately. Maybe I will get a MPEG-4 receiver to replace my ebay used 6000 and 811............maybe
Does Dish offer a free upgrade route to MPEG-4 IRDs?
If it's Free it's for me. ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts