So how long do you think the Dish/Turner dispute will last?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Because they will go up less.... Or we can let the program providers have carte blanche and watch our ability to pay for programming really get out of hand, worse than it is today....

Because they will go up less.... Or we can let the program providers have carte blanche and watch our ability to pay for programming really get out of hand, worse than it is today....
If Dish and Turner can not come to an agreement and we end up losing those channels, is my bill gonna go down to reflect Dish's no longer having to pay turner to carry those channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: old corps
It's funny the content owner wants more money, the content provider doesn't want to pay the asking and we are left to decide who is the bad guy in all of this. Of course we have the fewest actual facts other than what they've told us.

Reactions: ChairBound
As noted, it would go up less. Not much less, but it would be less. For Dish the amounts are much larger due to it being aggregated amongst millions of subs. For the individual, the change isn't quite as noticeable. But it is less.

Dish's problem (as it is with all of the providers) is that the channels (especially sports related), keep paying out ridiculous sums to broadcast sports. This is driving up the costs all around, and the only winners are the sport leagues and the broadcast channels who get to pretend the sport they have the rights to broadcast is more valuable because they overpaid for it.

here's what the few holdups of why no deal yet (just my opinion, not real news)
1. NuTV, dish's new internet TV service that will be launched soon.
2. Time Warner wants more money to pay for the new NBA deal for TNT.
3. Time Warner/Turner is trying to bundle CNN, TCM, HLN, Boomerang, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, TruTV and CNN en Espanol which are gone for now on Dish with the remaining Turner networks of TNT and TBS, as according to some sites, the TBS/TNT contract is set to expire soon too.
4. talks with the negotiators on both sides broke down for now.

again, just my opinions and not the actual facts, but i'm sure some will agree with me

I, for one, am happy Dish is pushing back.

I like CNN and TBS/TNT, but I could care less about the rest, TCM, HLN, Boomerang, Cartoon, Adult Swim, TruTv.

The fact of the matter is that these bundles are destroying TV. None of these channels is related in any meaning of the word. We don't need them and I hope Dish pushes this to the bitter end. I will miss NBA, but we don't need all this other crap.

here's what the few holdups of why no deal yet (just my opinion, not real news)
1. NuTV, dish's new internet TV service that will be launched soon.
2. Time Warner wants more money to pay for the new NBA deal for TNT.
3. Time Warner/Turner is trying to bundle CNN, TCM, HLN, Boomerang, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, TruTV and CNN en Espanol which are gone for now on Dish with the remaining Turner networks of TNT and TBS, as according to some sites, the TBS/TNT contract is set to expire soon too.
4. talks with the negotiators on both sides broke down for now.

again, just my opinions and not the actual facts, but i'm sure some will agree with me

I hope it stretches out a bit. My kids noticed it the first day, and haven't mentioned it again, I hope to never see the Amazing World of Gumball on my tv again. Out of all of the disputes this one so far has been a nonevent for my family. I think this hurts a Turner more than Dish.

Even though I don't sell dish anymore, I still get calls due to the ton of advertising I had out there.

Nobody is calling to complain, which means nobody seems to care.

Unlike when they took down Viacom channels, I couldn't do anything for 3 days due to every call being a complaint

I don't have Dish anymore, but for their customers sakes I hope it's like only a couple of weeks. I remember what happened with AMC, although the Voom lawsuit had a lot to do with that one.
I really don't care if those channels ever come back. Once I get accustomed to not having something I had in the past, I just forget it was ever there.
Dish can just keep the replacement channels for all I care.

I say a week. 2 weeks tops
I would imagine Turner/ TW may try to leverage TBS and TNT's better ratings to wrest more money from Dish. Quite frankly, I never watch TBS and if TNT went away yeah there's a couple summer shows on there I watch, but I would not be all that bothered if those two channels went bye bye.. It is what it is.

This is the same for my family. If Cartoon Network isn't restored very quickly we are leaving Dish.
Wow... Your kids can't watch anything else? Your entire tv watching experience hinges on ONE channel? Why not seek out ROKU or HULU or Netflix to see if you can find the shows on those?

Why do you keep saying Dish dropped a channel. Legally, unless the channel grants an extension, it would be illegal for Dish to transmit a channel without a valid contract. Blame the channel for demanding a higher retransmisson fee.
I keep telling them that, but they don't listen.

Wow... Your kids can't watch anything else? Your entire tv watching experience hinges on ONE channel? Why not seek out ROKU or HULU or Netflix to see if you can find the shows on those?
No our entire TV watching experience isn't one channel, but that one channel is absolutely important enough to my family that we are leaving dish when our contract is up if it isn't back. I don't have any particular loyalty to Dish they are just a TV provider, if they don't provide the channels I want why wouldn't I switch?

We tell all perspective customers about it before the install. Most haven't cared but a few have cared a lot. One lady said she can't live without TruTV. :)
Ya know what....I always kept my mouth shut about stuff like that. One thing I insisted upon when I was a tech is " I am not there to resell the product"...
So if there was a channel dispute or a new fee or some other issue, I stayed out of it because I kept myself uninformed on purpose. No knowledge means I didn't have to explain. Just put the thing in and make my money.
I had one customer switching from cable to Dish. I could tell this one was going to be higher maintenance. Her also had a veritable shrine to South Carolina Gamecocks football in his garage.
Now, he was in the far fringe of the Charlotte DMA. Which meant he was getting Charlotte locals. On cable he got both CLT and Columbia locals.
I was not about to tell this guy that the Columbia locals which showed SC football every week were not part of the package. Charlotte is in NC and that is ACC country. South Carolina is in the SEC and not every game is on locally in Charlotte.
I did the work and showed him how to use the system. He never asked about the football. I would imagine the following Saturday was not a good experience for this guy. Not my problem. I'm not the sales guy.

Honestly, the world might be a better place without Lizard Lick Towing.
Bunch of silly rednecks getting their asses kicked by drunks and drug users who are pissed off about losing their rides.
It's so silly That gut that runs the towing company is huge. In real life no normal person would mess with a guy that big. Not unless they wanted to get their ass handed to them and lose a vehicle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts