so how much is a new 14ft dish. Well I found out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Sometimes last year I found out on the forum that there was a c-band dish mfg about 60 miles from me. They make business dishes. So with tax return in hand. I decided to email them for a price.

xxx mfg does offer a 3.0m and 3.8m antenna w/
polar mount. The mount requires a 36" actuator. The cost is as follows.

3.0m 4-pcs w/polar mount $2,500.00 ea.
3.8m 4 pcs w/polar mount $3,000.00 ea.
4.3m not available w/ polar mount.
36" actuator $500.00 Ea.
6" schedule 40 pipe is required. Not included.

Antennas can be picked up here at xxx Mfg, Inc. in xxxx, Idaho

Wow! I need a bigger tax return. I guess this isn't in line with older prices from the 80's and 90's But still.

TTFN,

Josh

So out of curiosity how much for the 4.3 meter?

Sent from my Rooted Kindle Fire using SatelliteGuys

My 10ft steel went for around 12 hundred, the fiberglass went for a good bit more, retail. Dish alone, pole and actuator Xtra. More if shipping was involved. (But we'd go pick up a half a dozen at a time.)
How much would a solid aluminum 8.5ft dish cost back in the 80s?
Seem to remember something around 8-900 was the asking price around here. We didn't deal with al. BUT, I replaced quite a few mesh aluminums, after a hail storm. STEEL. what a concept? Solid AL, don't know.

Last edited:
I am surprised there are any left in N. America, although new commercial dishes must come from somewhere.

It's nice to have new stuff I guess, but to me it's nicer to get a bargain. I don't think I have three thousand total invested since I started this hobby in 2006. Five pizza dishes, a 32 and a one meter, an eight foot solid, Birdview. Actuator. Five receivers, an HTPC, a whole bunch of lnbs.

Go for the free stuff.

Those are really nice dishes. Heavy duty!! the 14' is 650lbs assembled. If I had a place for one I would be sorely tempted.

Attachments

• TrueFocus.pdf
    99.3 KB · Views: 689
Sometimes last year I found out on the forum that there was a c-band dish mfg about 60 miles from me. They make business dishes. So with tax return in hand. I decided to email them for a price.

xxx mfg does offer a 3.0m and 3.8m antenna w/
polar mount. The mount requires a 36" actuator. The cost is as follows.

3.0m 4-pcs w/polar mount $2,500.00 ea.
3.8m 4 pcs w/polar mount $3,000.00 ea.
4.3m not available w/ polar mount.
36" actuator $500.00 Ea.
6" schedule 40 pipe is required. Not included.

Antennas can be picked up here at xxx Mfg, Inc. in xxxx, Idaho

Wow! I need a bigger tax return. I guess this isn't in line with older prices from the 80's and 90's But still.

TTFN,

Josh

A bigger tax return? In this economy, the price for all of that, that almost sounds like a year of wages for some folks. LOL. Out of curiosity tho, how much were you thinking you could probably get this for to begin with?

I wonder how much shipping would be for one of those. Probably at least 500 or 600 dollars depending on how far from Idaho you are.

I've been thinking of retiring to Costa Rica where I would need a much larger dish than a 14 footer. But if I do move to Costa Rica I'll probably settle for a pizza sub. Even if I could find a used 30-32 footer I'd need a lot of help taking it down, transport, and put up. That might be too expensive also. Not to mention that I'll be an old man then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts