So how's everyone digging the NFL REDZONE CHANNEL?

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
I for one love it. Not a big sports fan. Saints and RZ pip is awesome. Also like not spending tons of $$$$$$$ for Sunday Ticket like I had to do with Directv.

I love it. Obviously I'd rather have Sunday Ticket for $5.99/month, but for the price, RedZone cannot be beat. I hope it never goes away because it would be tough to go back to watching football without it.

I haven't been able to enjoy it as much as I would like to, due to my schedule. However, I love watching it to keep track of my fantasy football players. Additionally, the extra sports channels in the package allow me to see more Kentucky Wildcats basketball games.

I really like the channel. I was a little worried spending 5.99 for a channel that is only on for like 8 hours a week. After the first week I think it is well worth it.

I Love it too, first of all it was free with my Americas Everything Pack so you can not beat that.

Second, I like being able to watch games that are not being shown in my area, great addition NFL Network!

:up

I don't have it but I can't see using it that much if I did have it (I did have a chance to watch it during the free preview week). For me I just can't stand to watch anything live any more, including sports. I can watch a whole football game in less than an hour if I want and watch it on my DVR (the alternative being >3 hours if I watch it live).

would someone mind giving me a quick synopsis of what Red Zone is? I can't find a good description of it at Dish.

does it bounce from game to game as teams get inside the 20 yd line and follow the series to completion? that's what the name implies to me....

thanks!

Jeff

I like it, but I wish you didn't need the multi-sport pack on top of the package you already have, I just wish it would be included with Classic Silver or higher.

I like it, but I wish you didn't need the multi-sport pack on top of the package you already have, I just wish it would be included with Classic Silver or higher.

I agree with you on that. RZ is the only channel from the multi sports pack I added to my favs list.

Freaking LOVE it! Sold my dad on upgrading to 250 and multi-sport package when he stayed over one whole Sunday to watch it.

would someone mind giving me a quick synopsis of what Red Zone is? I can't find a good description of it at Dish.

does it bounce from game to game as teams get inside the 20 yd line and follow the series to completion? that's what the name implies to me....

thanks!

Jeff

found a link somewhere that explained it. works as I thought.

I don't have it but I can't see using it that much if I did have it (I did have a chance to watch it during the free preview week). For me I just can't stand to watch anything live any more, including sports. I can watch a whole football game in less than an hour if I want and watch it on my DVR (the alternative being >3 hours if I watch it live).

First of all you can do the same thing you always did with one game. You can DVR it and come in an hour or two late and skip through the Red Zone channel 30 seconds at a time. I tried this on following one team once and really liked the ability to see the game in under an hour, just the important plays, not the commercials nor the plays that don't amount to anything which is what makes the RedZone channel work so well.

But most of the time I just like watching it live and seeing ALL the games, key plays and key progress.

Almost... And that is the plan but not only. They cover all the action even if it has to be delayed by a few seconds because other "red Zone games were on the screen during a key play. e.g. Say a team is in offense on the 40 yard line and scores a first down or has a turnover and the other team gets the ball. They will show a rerun of that key play ASAP. You can be pretty sure you're not going to miss any action in any game. Sometimes you may think a game is being ignored, but if that happens the host, Scott Hansen will keep you abreast of why they haven't gone to the game for awhile. As in, there just has been no Red Zone plays, nor any major action center field. When plays are occuring the same time, they do a split screen to see both live. Maximum two at a time. It pays to have a big screen when they do this.

One of the favorite aspects of Red Zone is No Blackouts! So, when our Jaguars v Buffalo game got blacked out Sunday, I get to watch it. For all the money you pay for that NFLST on DirecTV, you still get blacked out. That really sucks!

Love Red Zone

My new favorite channel. Best new channel to come around in a while. Great for following my fantasy players. Loving watching it in HD!!! :)

I love it. Obviously I'd rather have Sunday Ticket for $5.99/month, but for the price, RedZone cannot be beat. I hope it never goes away because it would be tough to go back to watching football without it.
Have the Browns ever been on it? On offense I mean:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)