so its been what.. about a week now...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am red faced and wish I had an answer for what is going on with TNT-HD. As you know I worked with DirecTV this past Wednesday and even those guys were saying it would be up by the end of the week.

I was also told that FOX-HD would NOT be coming anytime soon because of picture quality complaints, however I was told that they were PLANNING on offering the Playoffs in HD but not the full Fox Schedule at this time.

Again (and as I always say) please consider all things said as RUMORS and not as fact, only accept them as fact when you see them yourself or when you read a press release. :)

I do believe my contacts at DirecTV are good, I had 7 people tell me about TNT-HD, I have a feeling there could be a technical issue or something. I do believe we will see it soon.

Where is the playoffs in HD? I looked through the whole guide and didn't see it.

ramy said:
Where is the playoffs in HD? I looked through the whole guide and didn't see it.

Don't expect HD for the MLB playoffs until the ALCS on 10/12. Even then you may have to get it OTA. There is no guarantee that D* will have the games on the dish.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am red faced and wish I had an answer for what is going on with TNT-HD. As you know I worked with DirecTV this past Wednesday and even those guys were saying it would be up by the end of the week.

I was also told that FOX-HD would NOT be coming anytime soon because of picture quality complaints, however I was told that they were PLANNING on offering the Playoffs in HD but not the full Fox Schedule at this time.

Again (and as I always say) please consider all things said as RUMORS and not as fact, only accept them as fact when you see them yourself or when you read a press release. :)

I do believe my contacts at DirecTV are good, I had 7 people tell me about TNT-HD, I have a feeling there could be a technical issue or something. I do believe we will see it soon.

I wouldn't be embarrassed, I'll bet you dimes to dollars all the complaints on PQ they have received and stopped additional channels from being added at 101, 110 & 119.

Last night for kicks I showed my wife the difference between the D* feed of KMGH and our analog OTA feed. She could not believe the variance in color and clarity.

I think the technical issue they have is lack of bandwidth. This as we know will not change until SpaceWay 1&2 are in the air and operational.

chrisb said:
Don't expect HD for the MLB playoffs until the ALCS on 10/12. Even then you may have to get it OTA. There is no guarantee that D* will have the games on the dish.

Over the air is not an option for me because the local Fox is not broadcasting in HD and even if they were it is too far for me to get. I do qualify for Distant locals so I am just waiting for the Fox-HD on Directv.

ramy said:
Over the air is not an option for me because the local Fox is not broadcasting in HD and even if they were it is too far for me to get. I do qualify for Distant locals so I am just waiting for the Fox-HD on Directv.

There's a rumor over at AVSForum that FOXHD is starting on D* on the 12th.

KenH over there has confirmed that the first HD MLB playoff game from FOX will be game 1 of the ALCS.

Keep your fingers crossed that D* is picking up FOXHD or at the very least airing the LCS and WS games in HD starting 10/12.

New Sd Channels On Directv

With all this talk about HD channels being added, is there any chance that D* might be adding anymore SD national channels anytime soon, such as more Regional Sports Nets, the NHL Network (I know there is no hockey, but the NHL Network would still be nice), more of the premium movie channels that are available, but not currently on either DBS provider, and maybe possibly the superstations (after the senate and house get thru their business)?
Also, can the new satellites going up the next couple of years carry any SD channels, or is all going to be used for HD locals and national channels?

nrholland said:
With all this talk about HD channels being added, is there any chance that D* might be adding anymore SD national channels anytime soon, such as more Regional Sports Nets, the NHL Network (I know there is no hockey, but the NHL Network would still be nice), more of the premium movie channels that are available, but not currently on either DBS provider, and maybe possibly the superstations (after the senate and house get thru their business)?
Also, can the new satellites going up the next couple of years carry any SD channels, or is all going to be used for HD locals and national channels?

There is not enough room to add anymore. If and that is a big if from what I have read, TNT-HD and FOX-HD are the only new channels being added until the new sats go up.

Scott, what's the latest rumor that you've heard on TNT-HD? Since we're now getting FOX-HD, that was supposed to come up after TNT-HD does that mean that we're probably now looking at after NFL-ST completes for it???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)