Should I be worried?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tsgrayson

Oct 10, 2004
I just ordered DirectTV but never thought what HD receiver I might get when I paid...any chance they could bring me an older receiver

It will be one of the newer DirecTV branded receivers. Don't worry about what you will get. The only question would be if you want a box that outputs both SD and HD at the sametime. For example a box that outputs via S-Video and DVI at the sametime.

I've heard several people discuss a box that outputs HD and SD at the same time. I think mine does, but what is the advantage of this??
I have a Samsung TS360 and I think it does that, but I have everything going through my DVI to the television. What is the difference? Shouldnt DVI have a better picture than Component even on SD channels?

My Hitachi TV has a DVI and a Componant input on one input, so Can I plug both into one input or switch to input 2 when Im watching SD channels?

Thanks!

blakeharrell said:
I've heard several people discuss a box that outputs HD and SD at the same time. I think mine does, but what is the advantage of this??
I have a Samsung TS360 and I think it does that, but I have everything going through my DVI to the television. What is the difference? Shouldnt DVI have a better picture than Component even on SD channels?

My Hitachi TV has a DVI and a Componant input on one input, so Can I plug both into one input or switch to input 2 when Im watching SD channels?

Thanks!
Would you like to connect your 360 to the Standard definition TV in the bedroom? Having a receiver that outputs both HD & SD at the same time allows that to be done. :)

I see now what you're saying.
No I just thought people were saying the difference was that SD channels came over my Hitachi better through S Video than DVI.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts