SO LONG DIRECTV HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It depends.... ("They have the same HD Channels as DirecTV"......) . Are you talking about overall sports HD choices? FIOS does not have the same amount of HD sports feeds as DirecTV.

I have FIOS available in my area, and use them for 'net svc but not TV. They don't offer the same level of sports programming as DirecTV. I'd like more HD programming, sure, but it's not worth the sports trade-off in my situation.

Good luck to you, hope they have what you want let us know in a few weeks how it compares for you

Good luck in your switch. Hope ot all works out for you. Fios is available in my town, but hasn't been installed in my development yet. I would love to try them, but even if I could get it, Dolan is blocking them from getting the HD feed of MSG and that's the ONLY thing that prevents me from switching...oh, and also 'cuz it ain't available:)

Hello People.

Hi.

But your still stuck in NEUTRAL!:)
I think you meant "you're" as in you are, but then again, isn't it DirecTV that is in neutral? I know I don't control what channels are on their satellite ;)

Good luck with FIOS.

I'm in a more rural area, I can choose from Directv, Dish, or OTA, so given I like sports my options are pretty clear.

luck sob!

wish i had fios my uncle just got it and at $190 for his tv service loves it . The $199 internet is flying fast at 150mbs i use his service more then him uploding masters and such.

since fios is in a holding patern untill they make more money they wont be coming to me any time soon last construction superviser i talked to mabe in 10-15years for them to move as fast as they did at the start.

It isn't that Fios offers more, they just offer something different.
This being said, nobody can be everything for everyone.
Sure, Direct TV could offer everything they offer and everything Fios, Uverse, and Dish offers but at what cost?
Then people would whine about how pricey it is.

All the providers try and offer what they think people will want at a price that is acceptable.

Close the door on your way out, its cold out there!!

It depends.... ("They have the same HD Channels as DirecTV"......) . Are you talking about overall sports HD choices? FIOS does not have the same amount of HD sports feeds as DirecTV.

I have FIOS available in my area, and use them for 'net svc but not TV. They don't offer the same level of sports programming as DirecTV. I'd like more HD programming, sure, but it's not worth the sports trade-off in my situation.

Well. I like the Sports. IE ESPN, MLB, NFL etc. The regional sports channels I can live without. I like it to the extent that they have more HD movie channels and HD on Demand. Plus All my three services together, phone, internet,tv cost me about the same as than just paying for Directv. So costs also was a factor.

It isn't that Fios offers more, they just offer something different.
This being said, nobody can be everything for everyone.
Sure, Direct TV could offer everything they offer and everything Fios, Uverse, and Dish offers but at what cost?
Then people would whine about how pricey it is.

All the providers try and offer what they think people will want at a price that is acceptable.

Well The costs was also a factor for me. The HD that Fios offers is more of what I was looking for. I am a big movie buff! Love all the Movie HD. And also I see Fios does not charge "Extra" for the HD like Directv does $10 bucks and $5 bucks for the HD extra pack and the additional fees for adding extra HD equipment. There were other reasons, won't bore you with. But these were my primary factors in switching.

luck sob!

wish i had fios my uncle just got it and at $190 for his tv service loves it . The $199 internet is flying fast at 150mbs i use his service more then him uploding masters and such.

since fios is in a holding patern untill they make more money they wont be coming to me any time soon last construction superviser i talked to mabe in 10-15years for them to move as fast as they did at the start.

Well hopefully by some miracle the new CEO of Verizon will decide to start up construction again! I don't think it will be 10yrs as that construction supervisor said.

Well. I like the Sports. IE ESPN, MLB, NFL etc. The regional sports channels I can live without. I like it to the extent that they have more HD movie channels and HD on Demand. Plus All my three services together, phone, internet,tv cost me about the same as than just paying for Directv. So costs also was a factor.

If your primary programming preference is more HD movie channel choices, you made the right choice going to FIOS. DirecTV can't match FIOS in that category. My primary interest is the # of overall HD sports feeds and in that category, DirecTV is leading over the other providers.

If that changes in the future, I'd switch to FIOS as well since I'm FIOS (TV) - ready at the house. I love their 'net service speeds.

Hello People. I just got tired of waiting to see DirecTV add more HD. I switched to FiosTV. They have the same HD channels as DirecTV and ALOT more!. It has been fun DIRECTV. But your still stuck in NEUTRAL!:)
I hope it works out for ya. let us know how it goes. and if you ever decide to comeback you are always welcomed here in the D* forums.

It would be great if FIOS really got with it and started to expand their system. It is available in Buffalo and certain suburbs but not in mine. I would love to have it available to give Crime Warner, Dish and Directv some real competition.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)