SO LONG DIRECTV HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good luck!
I've spent a few weeks with the Fios setup at my In Laws, and I liked it alot, DVR wasn't too impressive, but neither is my HR23.
But I big reason I would never switch to Fios. I LOATH their Customer service.
Huge downfall in my book!

I switched FROM FiOS to DTV about three years ago because of the MSG HD situation. For a sports fan DTV is the best choice but as others have pointed out, there's no one provider that's the best for everyone. Where I am I can choose between FiOS Comcast Dish and DTV. The choice is good for everyone.

I switched FROM FiOS to DTV about three years ago because of the MSG HD situation. For a sports fan DTV is the best choice but as others have pointed out, there's no one provider that's the best for everyone. Where I am I can choose between FiOS Comcast Dish and DTV. The choice is good for everyone.

Exactly. For me, DirecTV is the choice due to overall sports feeds. No other provider can match them in this category.

And you're right about competition, it's good for everyone.

I don't try to get into any "DirecTV vs Dish" forum debates since each provider is offering choices for those customer bases. If my priority was receiving the max # of HD movie and nat'l feeds, I'd have switched to Dish.

However, I see a lot of that debating going on at the other forum with neither side ever convincing the other of their position. It's all about choosing the provider that has the most programming category for the customer.

I don't try to get into any "DirecTV vs Dish" forum debates since each provider is offering choices for those customer bases. If my priority was receiving the max # of HD movie and nat'l feeds, I'd have switched to Dish.

I agree with this to a point, But my problem is how Dishnetwork handles their customers and how they handle their programming disputes.

Now if Dishnetwork, cut the crap with their runaround,
I would agree totally with your statement.

Price lock for 2 years on base packs??? Com'on, a lot of other fee's and premiums could easily be raised.

Directv has done price locks for years for new customers and even some exsiting customers.
I don't see the need to bragg when the last 2 years E* has done nothing but raise fee's and prices a number of times.
Charlie thinks his customers are the dumbest people on earth.
And I hate that!

I think competition is good, but IMHO Dishnetwork isn't a threat to any provider!

Unless you`re a sports fan in Ohio, where DTV/FSN Ohio/Cinci is STILL in SD except for Cavs and some Blue Jackets games. All the college football, etc. in SD. Need to get the Sports Pack to see a college game in HD. The same game the rest of the country gets in HD from their RSN.

OHIO- Fifty years behind and waiting for the rubber industry to come back.

Well if D* doesn't start adding more basic HD channels soon, I can see a lot more people switching. As much as I like sports, I want more basic HD as well, AMC, BBC, DIY, HLN, etc etc. A lot of people are getting tired of waiting. If Dish and cable are able to reach agreements with these channels, why can't D*?

Well if D* doesn't start adding more basic HD channels soon, I can see a lot more people switching. As much as I like sports, I want more basic HD as well, AMC, BBC, DIY, HLN, etc etc. A lot of people are getting tired of waiting. If Dish and cable are able to reach agreements with these channels, why can't D*?
My next Stop will be Cable.
Dish Network, Been there done that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)