so lots of you guys are getting the H20 first?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
It looks like this is pretty common. You can just buy it and hook it up yourself and call in to get it activated? Any problems with the H20 and the triple LNB dish? Does cust svc give you any flack about it?

Might as well do it now while the rebate exists and before the leasing starts, right?. Any 'tricks' I need to know to make sure everything goes through okay?

Thanks in advance.

It looks like this is pretty common. You can just buy it and hook it up yourself and call in to get it activated?
Yes

Any problems with the H20 and the triple LNB dish?
No

Does cust svc give you any flack about it?
No

Ditto on what Lynskyn said. Easy, no tricks needed.

Only hangup I had was that the receiver wanted to download new software BEFORE it got activated, so let it do it, and THEN call D*. Otherwise you're sitting there on the phone waiting for it to finish:
"umm....15%........................................................20%........................................................................23%...............................................................................27%..............."

Last edited:
That's what I did...hit the Circuit City, bought the H20, hooked it up and called customer service to get the card/box activated. Using it with the Triple LNB until spring.

how would i know if i can use my three LNB dish for this receiver to get my locals in HD via this new box???

You can't. A 5LNB dish and a H20 or upcoming HR20 are required to receive HD locals via D*. OTA signal can be picked up on any HD D* receiver.

Proc said:
That's what I did...hit the Circuit City, bought the H20, hooked it up and called customer service to get the card/box activated. Using it with the Triple LNB until spring.

Hey Proc,

Are all the video outputs hot at the same time?

Proc said:

and you're digging it, right?

and when they call for the dish upgrade, you just tell them you already have the H20 so they just bring the 5lnb dish and install? No charge?
And all current subscribers are good for the $200 rebate right?

bigpro said:
and you're digging it, right?
and when they call for the dish upgrade, you just tell them you already have the H20 so they just bring the 5lnb dish and install? No charge?
And all current subscribers are good for the $200 rebate right?

Bigpro...the H20 IMO is much better than the H10, if for anything, due to its superior OTA reception of my HD locals. I plan on getting the AT9/5LNB dish this spring or summer and put it on a pole (reluctantly) and get the dish and its "air run" coax (back to the house) off the garage. I still have a sneaky suspicion that the NFL ST package may be MPEG4 and don't want to take a chance, although with no new HD content other than locals on MPEG4 right now, my Triple LNB and antenna will suffice.

Side note to charper...Yessir.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)