So my installer is running 2 hours late...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phroz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Maine
and I actually feel sorry for the guy. :confused:

My installer (with Directech) just called and said he'd be here around 2pm (was scheduled 8-12) because he was tied up with a few other installs this morning in Boston... I live in Maine. Now that's nearly a 3-hour drive from here and I'm the only install he has up here today. Does this seem slightly absurd to anyone else? (rookie hazing, maybe? :p) He has to drive 300+ miles roundtrip for one quick job (only has to run 1 ~40ft run of coax to connect to a DVR...).

I hope the pay is good because I sure as hell wouldn't want to make that drive...

Im pretty certin Directv will give you a $20.00 credit for the installer comming late. At least thats what they told ( and gave ) me.

I take that back, I really shouldn't've felt sorry for him. The guy was an ass. He tried to walk off with my remote and all the included cables. I asked him what that was about and he said I didn't need them (since he was upgrading from a D10 he just reused all the same cables). The D10 is owned, so it'd be nice to have at least a power cable and remote for it... I don't care if I "need" the cables and remote , I still paid for them. So after some hassle he finally let me keep them. WTF?

johnml said:
Im pretty certin Directv will give you a $20.00 credit for the installer comming late. At least thats what they told ( and gave ) me.
Maybe if I wasn't a lowly 1-heart customer. :eek:

Phroz said:
I take that back, I really shouldn't've felt sorry for him. The guy was an ass. He tried to walk off with my remote and all the included cables. I asked him what that was about and he said I didn't need them (since he was upgrading from a D10 he just reused all the same cables). The D10 is owned, so it'd be nice to have at least a power cable and remote for it... I don't care if I "need" the cables and remote , I still paid for them. So after some hassle he finally let me keep them. WTF?

Exactly, and good job. All he was gonna do was A) hoard them for himself or B) sell them on eBay. Anything in any of the boxes is the customer's; owned or not; upgrade or not.

charper1 said:
Exactly, and good job. All he was gonna do was A) hoard them for himself or B) sell them on eBay. Anything in any of the boxes is the customer's; owned or not; upgrade or not.

I'll go one further, that it is nothing short of attempted theft, and you might be doing a service to report such activity.

damaged said:
I'll go one further, that it is nothing short of attempted theft, and you might be doing a service to report such activity.

Do you not support robbery? Are you changing your ways?:D

Phroz said:

Maybe if I wasn't a lowly 1-heart customer. :eek:

Imagine that a dishonest installer? Hmmm. Many good ones out there a few really bad ones.

NorthEast (division of DirecTech) is hurting right now, your market Just Exploded !!!! we've been sending volunteers to Jersey,Boston,New York, and who knows how many other places on the east coast. those guys are making crazy oney right now. i've heard 3500.00 a week.anyways, i would call his home office and tell them about the guff he gave you in regards to your remote and cables. that's a DM for sure.

I have a HD upgrade planned in NH this weekend; I wonder if I will get the same installer that went to Maine/Boston yesterday?

charper1 said:
What does that mean? Seems quite accusatory doesn't it? Care to explain?

No its water under a bridge that damage knows what I'm refering to. Let's just say that sometimes people forget that these are real people posting on these boards and one should be careful what they say.

igator99 said:
No its water under a bridge that damage knows what I'm refering to. Let's just say that sometimes people forget that these are real people posting on these boards and one should be careful what they say.

Water not far under that bridge I see!! When you follow up with a semi-threat: "sometimes people forget that these are real people posting on these boards and one should be careful what they say."

Sometimes it can be best for people to practise what they preach or take their own advise to heart, as it were.

Let's PLEASE all stick to talking about DBS, or whatever the thread topic is, and leave the personal feelings at the door; the rest of us don't care to muddle through that childish teenager crap.

charper1 said:
Water not far under that bridge I see!! When you follow up with a semi-threat: "sometimes people forget that these are real people posting on these boards and one should be careful what they say."

Sometimes it can be best for people to practise what they preach or take their own advise to heart, as it were.

Let's PLEASE all stick to talking about DBS, or whatever the thread topic is, and leave the personal feelings at the door; the rest of us don't care to muddle through that childish teenager crap.

Oh yea it is all my fault. You claim to be someone you are not and then threaten to rob me you will get what you deserve. BTW you are the one bringing it up again not me.

Lets keep it on topic people

and lgator, I vacationed you once already for this childish crap. Keep it on topic

Iceberg said:

and lgator, I vacationed you once already for this childish crap. Keep it on topic

You know send me on a permanent vacation. I didn't bring it up again charter did. Thanks to all that have given me advice and information. Adios.

permanent means gone. You were vacationed for 24 hours to cool off.
And Charper didn't bring it up, you did.

Iceberg said:

Look above your bald head. I said over next.... What would that imply? I didn't want to talk about it next subject.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts