So now dates for the next set of HD stations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

llasdon

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Does anyone have an answer for what part of October we shall expect the next set?

I would expect to see them very early in October because they are all listed in the October Directv guide(possibly on Monday??):hungry: this would be nice Ron

Here we go again... Can't we just enjoy what we got today for a few minutes? Maybe an hour? Oh, wait, it has already been an hour. Proceed with the conversation :hungry:

I guess I don't see the point in why D* is not just pumping every HD Channel they can out right now.. What's the point in a slow rollout.. You would think that they would want to make a BIG statement by jumping ahead of E* in one big push, instead of putting out some channels and still being behind E* in the number of channels. They have the space. They have the satellite now. Why the big holdup on adding all that is available.

I think it's just a question of making sure all of the bugs are ironed out of all the channels before they launch them.
There may also be a legal reason, i.e. the carriage agreement is not in effect until October...

Well they have (I would guess) a carriage agreement on many other channels like NGHD and MHD and others that they have been previewing for months and those should have come out. I can understand the need to make sure bugs are ironed out. But after all the hype in the last bit, It's hard to understand why they didn't at least get a few more out there and take a commanding lead in the HD world. I guess we wait and see what and when the next round rolls out.. I don't worry so much about the channels as I do the potential sales advantage I would love to have over E*. I was hoping to be able to tell every potential customer coming in the door that D* has the best lineup and the most.. D* is my bread and butter when it comes to sales. I try not to sell E* unless I absoulutely have to.. But it's always a lot easier when you can use the more channel angle.

I agree, it does not make a whole lot of sense to not launch NGHD, MHD or even the Food HGTV?

Last edited:
From what I am hearing is the new channels will trickle in over the next month.

There will not be a day where you wake up and 30 more HD channels are available.

But gives you something to look forward to each day as you might turn the TV on and find a HD channel you have never seen before. :D

Well they have (I would guess) a carriage agreement on many other channels like NGHD and MHD and others that they have been previewing for months and those should have come out. I can understand the need to make sure bugs are ironed out. But after all the hype in the last bit, It's hard to understand why they didn't at least get a few more out there and take a commanding lead in the HD world. I guess we wait and see what and when the next round rolls out.. I don't worry so much about the channels as I do the potential sales advantage I would love to have over E*. I was hoping to be able to tell every potential customer coming in the door that D* has the best lineup and the most.. D* is my bread and butter when it comes to sales. I try not to sell E* unless I absoulutely have to.. But it's always a lot easier when you can use the more channel angle.

Fair point... and I guess it is a little different as a dealer than an average joe like me who would rather make sure it works before they roll them out.

I would think the list of additional channels that are coming plus today's launch (proof that they are really coming) would give you the edge you need....

There will not be a day where you wake up and 30 more HD channels are available.

But gives you something to look forward to each day as you might turn the TV on and find a HD channel you have never seen before. :D

I guess we'll all have to keep watching this site then!

Back to their home forums?

Yeah, I was over at that "other" forum earlier, and they were all wondering if our PQ was really as good as we're saying and when/if they're going to start getting new channels.

They're already counting down to their next satellite launch (whenever that is), I think...

Do we have verification that these stations will really be broadcasting some good stuff in HD? I mean USA HD sounds really cool, but aside from L&O SVU can we be assured that there will be some real HD content on all these new stations? I know that WWE Raw in HD would be awesome.. along with ECW HD on Sci-Fi.. Too bad we don't have Spike HD to watch UFC HD..

Rather have it this way myself........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)