So someone is trying hard to push me into a JVC DLA-RS400U

Perfect. My eye/ear level is about 40" from the floor, and I figure the FP will be aiming at the top of the screen which would be around 85" off the floor. So almost 4 feet above us.

Perfect. My eye/ear level is about 40" from the floor, and I figure the FP will be aiming at the top of the screen which would be around 85" off the floor. So almost 4 feet above us.
My setup about 4-5 " over my head. Noise not a factor in low lamp. High lamp you can hear but it's not an issue.

BTW, is that normal light you might have while veiwing? Also, why so low? Finally ( :) ), that looks like a sweet shelf. Where did you get it?

BTW, is that normal light you might have while veiwing? Also, why so low? Finally ( :) ), that looks like a sweet shelf. Where did you get it?

Check my edited post for reason
That's with blinds and curtains open.

This is Omnimount shelf rated for 50lbs. I don't think they make it anymore.

Ah, I did not know that. I may need to consider coming down a foot or two to eek brightness out.

I planned on shopping around for shelves. I can make one, but some of the glass ones look cool.

Ah, I did not know that. I may need to consider coming down a foot or two to eek brightness out.

I planned on shopping around for shelves. I can make one, but some of the glass ones look cool.

With a neutral gain screen you'll be fine mounting it high.
This only pertains to high gain screen. The only draw back using HP screen is the viewing cone is not very large. The other plus is it reflects ambient light really well no matter if in the viewing cone for high brightness or not.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Omnimount does not make that one any more, but they have a wide one that covers two studs that looks nice, and actually has cable cover that can go above and/or below that comes with it. Rated to 60 pounds if you use two studs. The cable cover would be nice because mine would run up from it on the wall.

Did some more looking at images and got some input from Mike.

Going to get some deep wall brackets and rail from Lowes, paint match, add a little lip around some nice board as the shelf, and color match it. Will give me plenty of side to side tweaking and up and down adjustment.

Starting to get some bites on the Sony, once it moves Im pulling the trigger on all the items with Mike.

Learned a lot the last few days about FP, and using a proper calculator, my throw distance is going to allow me to choke down the iris a lot. That will allow a higher native CR and save the bulb.

Do these JVC's ahve internal test patterns for focusing, etc...? And I assume it has an hour monitor on board in the menu?

Well, after laying it all out, wife isn't keen on the idea. I am getting a guy to build me a nice riser over my klipsch center and I am going to order a 65" OLED next week.

Should allow me to move the display 12-14" closer. Also going to get a 3D cal, seems these tv's have some of the best 3D out there, and it's passive. Wife will be happy about that.

While I have 2 projectors (a JVC and a Sony), I would not recommend anyone buy a high end one at this time. 4K is really only handled by the high end Sonys. Then there is the whole HDR and color space issues. I am sure there will be some soon with these features.

Reactions: jayn_j and teachsac
So, what was wrong with the Sony? Seems like you just spent a bloody fortune on buying it plus calibration.

The new $$$ Sony 4K projectors have major issues, not my tv.

There are minor non deal breakers due to it being an LCD, which all displays have, but the side dimming sets are going to have problems with HDR. And if that is important to you, you either need to buy an OLED or a FALD LCD like the 940C. The 930C has vertical dimming zones, and when one has to get bright for a logo or has to light up for HDR, it destroys the CR of that whole zone. Just can't over come the tech. I opted for it over OLED because they were still working out the yellow blob panels in the fall. That is done now, so I am going to sell the LCD and get an OLED.

The passive 3D on the OLED with 1080p to both eyes is also supposed to be special, so I figure I can actually try and enjoy 3D again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)