So...what are the odds of Voom making a triumphant return?

I like the Idea of keeping Monsters and Kung Fu the way they are, then you can roll the news and sports into one channel. The Voom movies could have film fest movies and world movies. Then the fifth could be Equator or Rave.

Seriously?!?! You're seriously asking this question...

Among many others, examples of those who say Voom has "little to no new content and endless loop repeats of episodes from 2003" are those who are unhappy that we dont have FX HD and Speed HD, and want the demise of Voom to make room for what they want.
FX HD distributes a whopping 17% of its content in HD according to whereishd.com.

SPEED HD is light years ahead at 38%, and that probably includes upconverted PAL because it is better than 480i.

Heres the sad part, my wife was watching BravoHd last night, and the only thing in HD was the commercials.

That's why I posted Sean's post links to show people who didn't really watch Voom regularly that they did indeed have new content and new shows added regularly. Most commentors who said that Voom had little new comment were most likely drive by viewers, not dedicated viewers like others here who know what I'm talking about.

I regularly would surf the guide, fishing for shows to record on the DVR.. content that came from VOOM channels rarely if ever was added to the list. I can't say if the content was new/old/from-the-future, I simply found it non-interesting. EDIT: and I found the level of repetition to be rediculous.. 3-movies in a loop that would last half a week... at least mix it up more than that (tho perhaps equally insulting).. which would lead to a new DVR feature.. only show unique material over any given period.. would make scrolling thru the guide much more efficient..

So from my point of view, E*'s comment of little outcry seems plausible to me. We certainly have several very vocal proponents here, but they may or may not be representative of the general public (odds are they are not).

Removal of channels (or moving them to a higher tier) was a common experience for me when I was on cable. So I don't consider it any massive surprise to see it happen, nor unusual from a customer service point of view. It happens, get used to it.

I forgot completely how much my son watched animania, so would like to see Voom back for Animania, Equator and Monsters. Hopefully this is all just a E* negotiating/lawsuit squelching takedown. They have done that in the past.

I think silence is golden, its been real quiet and I hope thats a good thing. I want Monsters and Equator the most and whatever else I get I will be happy.

I think silence is golden, its been real quiet and I hope thats a good thing. I want Monsters and Equator the most and whatever else I get I will be happy.

Your going to get Chiller and like it and your going to pay $10 extra to get it. Its a great substitute for Monstershd. Don't you know that Charlie doesn't add channels that don't have the programming yet? Whats wrong with you? :)

You know I would sign a 4 year contract to get Monsters back.

Its going to suck to see the June schedule for Monsters. You know I had no problem complaining to them about their repeats during that 6 month time period. They were really starting to look good again.

I knew something was up and it would get better. I don't want to see the June lineup because I know they will have a Friday 13th Marathon and I am a huge fan of these movies, it will just depress me.

I don't understand why you guys say there was new content, sure, but very little, I watched Monsters all the time until the same movies get repeated over and over again, same with Rave, loved that channel when I first got it, but then the new content was very little, so MOST of the time it was the same shows lived over and over. IOW, yes there was new content, but not alot to make me say I miss the voom channels that much, I was bummed at first, but now realize there wasn't much I was missing, especially when your missing alot of repeats

+1:up

Yeah, I don't expect we'll be seeing Voom again on Dish anytime soon. If they stop getting uplinked, that'll pretty much be the end of it.

Yeah, I don't expect we'll be seeing Voom again on Dish anytime soon. If they stop getting uplinked, that'll pretty much be the end of it.
But remember, as has been pointed out, DISH owns 20% of Voom. It is in Dish's best effort for it to become a success.

I'm hoping this shakeup is a wakeup so Voom will makeup so Dish can take up more stations. :)

EDIT: and I found the level of repetition to be rediculous.. 3-movies in a loop that would last half a week... at least mix it up more than that (tho perhaps equally insulting)..

This is quite a bit of an overstatement. They did loop three movies throughout a period of one day but never for half of a week.

I really think that the best option would be for them to come back with five channels - Movies, Sports, Arts, Music, Family - combining the old channels so that there would be less repeats and more new content per channel. They could even to do 'theme' days - Monster Monday, Kung Fu Friday, etc.

The last few months of Monsters were pretty good and the Voom Movies showed a lot of new stuff right out of the gate. That was shaping up to be a pretty good channel.

Best option bring back the full suite and those that want them pay for them.
What a concept.

Be a leader and add service. Be a looser and reduce service. That's the choice Dish is making.

As the economy dips further and Uverse, Fious, DirecTv and other ramp up Dish cannot afford to let egos drive business decisions.

Then again reason enough for us to already move money out of investments in Echostar and spinoffs. As a sub still hoping for calmer minds to prevail before taking on the hassle of investing in other services

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts