So what do we do with out STB, etcC?

aychamo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
So...

Since it seems pretty inevitable that Voom is dead. What do we do with our STBs and satellites??

aychamo said:
So...Since it seems pretty inevitable that Voom is dead. What do we do with our STBs and satellites??
Wow, you have a satellite? VOOM isn't dead, but if that happens can we move VOOM to it :) ?

"Since it seems pretty inevitable that Voom is dead. "

You mean your Voom service went dead? That is odd, mine is still working as of today. Maybe you forgot to pay your bill. :)

aychamo said:
So...

Since it seems pretty inevitable that Voom is dead. What do we do with our STBs and satellites??

Please let's not attack anybody.

aychamo,

Voom is not dead yet and it seems like an uphill battle but it is not dead yet. Take a look at all the informatoin posted within the last past three days. The D-Day will be monday. Stay tuned we are all waiting to see how everything unravels. When it goes dead for sure, ask again. As of now, VOOM seems to have more lives than a cat.

aychamo said:
So...

Im sure you can read right? WHy not familiarize yourself with the recent events before making such a statement?

aychamo said:
So...

Did I miss something? My VOOM is working fine. I guess I didn't read all the posts over the last 48 hours and learn that VOOM is "really" dead. Gosh..where am I getting a signal from? Where are the 3 board members who voted to end VOOM and are now locked out of the board room? Why is little Jimmy Dolan crying in the closet for his dad the chairman not to hit him?

Why? Did I miss something guys?

Hey all you fanbois, calm down.

There's like 10 responses to my post and not a single one ANSWERING the question. How about if you don't can't contribute then don't post stupid stuff and waste our time?

Let me rephrase the question:

*IF* Voom goes dead at the end of March, what will you do with the STBs and dishes?

aychamo said:

There's like 10 responses to my post and not a single one ANSWERING the question. How about if you don't can't contribute then don't post stupid stuff and waste our time?

*IF* Voom goes dead at the end of March, what will you do with the STBs and dishes?

Okay now that we have a proper and applicable question not wasting all our time...STB/OTA antenna for OTA, VOOM dish for DISH 61.5 content.

aychamo said:

If Voom does go dead at the end of March,.. I don't think it will, then I will do whatever Voom asks me to do with the STB's. Not being a clairvoyant that is all I the help I can offer to you for an answer.

:D
Indy said:
If Voom does go dead at the end of March,.. I don't think it will, then I will do whatever Voom asks me to do with the STB's. Not being a clairvoyant that is all I the help I can offer to you for an answer.

Gee Indy...you actually gave 2 seconds to offer that obvious thought. That is something the original poster could have done. It would have taken him less time than typing the question. :D

I'm gonna wait until Martha Stewart gets out of prison. Maybe she can show us all how to take our STB's and turn them into table lamps. As for my dish, mine is 24", maybe we can attach sticks to them and use them as umbrellas.

They will come pick up the receivers and leave the dish's. Lets hope we never get to that point.

aychamo said:
Mod Edit.

OK, After Sean asked noone to flame you and you had the nerve to say this you owe the group an apology. Everyone that I saw that responded to your question were just having fun. This has been a trying time for some and they were just responding in jest. Your unthoughtful comment was unwarrented.

Now, what to do with your STB. If you are leasing it, VOOM may pick it up. If you own it, then you can probably use it to receive HD OTA. One person from VOOM told me we can use them as coffee mug warmers. In other words, without the VOOM signal beaming to your STB, your VOOM STB is worthless. I purchased four of them and personally don't see VOOM going anytime soon. As for the Dish, you can take it down if VOOM goes under or use it to pick up Dishnetwork programing at 61.5.

I hope that answers your original question. Any we are not all DICKS although I do have one.

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts