So what do you think of Sirius?

I love the Sirius channels.....I have spent a few hours listening through the list to see what each channel has to offer. It is awesome! I particularly like the Voices and Broadway channels (hope GaryPen doesn't read this). The line up is missing a Cinema/Movies channel though. The sound quality is phenomonal! Thank you DISH

Hey! I'm using a brand new Dish Player 4200, and every Sirius music channel shows corrupted information for the artist, song name, etc. It's as though the software is pointing 12 characters too far right in the data, so an artist like The Dead Milkmen shows on my screen as "d Milkmen", and all data below is similary shifted. Very frustrating :mad: !

And while I haven't tried the optical connection (if the 4200 even has one), the analog outputs result in sound only slightly better than the standard music channels. It doesn't even sound as good as FM radio. I do like the selection however, though I couldn't find a pure METAL channel. Only Hard Rock and 80's Hair Bands (yuck!). Any suggestions? I like the metal channel on the standard music channels and would like the same thing on Sirius :cool: .

OK, I'm already tired of the new channels. Sirius-ly.

Even though the sound quality is excellent, I find that the repetition of the songs is already wearing on me.

I've even gotten so bored as to listen to Old School Rap. (Where they were playing Herbie Hancock - Rock-it)

Hmmm I never knew that Rock-It was a rap song.

Anyhow. I like that they are there, but I don't think I will even add them to my favorites. (Not that I can on my 921 anyway)

I'd rather have 1 or 2 HD channels that I would watch than have 61 that I won't.

GaryPen said:
You're gonna get it from both ends now! (Politicallty AND musically.)

LOL. I hope you're not telling me this board is populated with Republicans?

Man, I wouldn't be advertising that sh*t in this day and age! I hung my head a little bit lower when Clinton was having his zipper problems. Republicans certainly have some big brass balls to still be beating their chests with the way this country and world is looking today. I'd keep it on the down low if I were you guys.

Anywho, I'll concede that there is more variety with the Sirius channels over the old music channels. But again, I don't think it's worth paying for. And we all know (especially you Republicans) that there's no such thing as a free lunch. Somehow, somewhere, they're going to try and get something out of subscribers for the extra Sirius service.

I guess I'll look elsewhere for an answer to my Air America question :heart + :usa + :up = :shh :rolleyes:

ChrisCoop said:
LOL. I hope you're not telling me this board is populated with Republicans?

Man, I wouldn't be advertising that sh*t in this day and age! I hung my head a little bit lower when Clinton was having his zipper problems. Republicans certainly have some big brass balls to still be beating their chests with the way this country and world is looking today. I'd keep it on the down low if I were you guys.

Anywho, I'll concede that there is more variety with the Sirius channels over the old music channels. But again, I don't think it's worth paying for. And we all know (especially you Republicans) that there's no such thing as a free lunch. Somehow, somewhere, they're going to try and get something out of subscribers for the extra Sirius service.

I guess I'll look elsewhere for an answer to my Air America question :heart + :usa + :up = :shh :rolleyes:

Oh. Conservatives aren't allowed to use free speech, but liberals are. And if you learned your history from other than a left-wing public school or college, you'd know which side actually gets this country into trouble and who gets us out. Vietnam comes to mind.

Well, I don't know how many classical music fans there are out there...but I don't always like playing "name that composer". Golly, it's sure nice to know that Miss so-and-so is performing the Sonata. BUT WHO WROTE IT?! Damnit. I had high hopes. If they put the composer up there like on the normal music channels, I'd listen to it. But I might as well listen to my radio if they don't. So..there.

SimpleSimon said:
Oh. Conservatives aren't allowed to use free speech, but liberals are.

Oh yeah, Republicans love free speech. Republicans love free speech so much that it makes their blood boil that there's ONE liberal/Democratic radio network on the air. I guess the thousands of conservative/Republican radio shows that air everyday in this country just aren't enough for you, huh? Republicans love free speech very much. Your actions in this thread are proof of that. I post a perfectly appropriate question about Sirius programming. You ignore my question, don't provide an answer or anything to further a relevant, constructive discussion, and reply with a series of inappropriate, incoherent babblings and proceed to bash the Air America radio network. You don't want Air America on Sirius? Take it up with Charlie.

SimpleSimon said:
And if you learned your history from other than a left-wing public school or college...

If I'm not supposed to learn history in school, then where am I supposed to learn it? Republican talk radio? A preacher? Come on man, just 'cause you've got something against education, don't disguise it as though you were fighting the good fight against the "left-wing public schools."

SimpleSimon said:
...you'd know which side actually gets this country into trouble and who gets us out. Vietnam comes to mind.

Yeah, Republicans are AWESOME at keeping us out of trouble and avoiding unnecessary problems. Iraq comes to mind.

ChrisCoop said:
Yeah, Republicans are AWESOME at keeping us out of trouble and avoiding unnecessary problems. Iraq comes to mind.

I know this is off topic, so I will contain my one comment to this. Everybody deserves to be free. Iraq is no exception. I joined the United States Marine Corps, and would have been happy to fight anywhere in the world to free oppressed people.

ChrisCoop said:
Oh yeah, Republicans love free speech. Republicans love free speech so much that it makes their blood boil that there's ONE liberal/Democratic radio network on the air. I

Would that be ABC Radio, NBC Radio, or CBS Radio? Give me a break. Nearly every network and newspaper in the country slants left.

Folks please stay on topic. If you want to talk political stuff please take it to the chit chat forum where it belongs. Any off topic, vulgar or attacking posts will be deleted....Thank you

long_time_DNC said:
...and Colin Bass, Camel, Jethro Tull, Kansas (early), Rush (early-to-mid), Anthony Phillips, Steve Hackett, Andy Ward, Happy The Man, etc... :)
You are my hero. I thought I was alone in this. :)

Good Job, Dish!

This is good stuff! It's nice to have some more choices for background music. Hopefully, Dish will annouce a price/deal for Sirius in portable applications. I also like that some channels are AO/NR, so the Parental locks are in effect.

Questioin for someone who already has Sirius: Do the channel #s on Dish match the Sirius channel, less the 6000?

Thank you, Dish. Now, get a solid 942 to market by Christmas...

Foxbat said:
Questioin for someone who already has Sirius: Do the channel #s on Dish match the Sirius channel, less the 6000?

I don't have Sirius, but the answer is yes (based on what I've read elsewhere).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts