So, what satellite was I receiving?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N4ST

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Jersey, VA
I was playing with some FTA toys that santa brought me and was trying to add a 2nd dish to my Twinhan 102G card. I had a virgin 18" dish/lnb for DTV from the old days when it was cheaper to buy a complete system than just a receiver. Wanting to do "something" with that dish, I tried to aim it at Echostar7 @ 119° to get the FTA stuff. My satmeter kept forcing me to point the dish slightly east of where the compass told me to point. In the end, when I scanned on my Twinhan using the Echostar 7 TPs, I got a bunch of encrypted TV channels, but two of them listed as USA 12239H 5616 and HIST 12239H 6946. I was using the circular polarized LNB with an LO of 11.250GHz, so I guess the H polarization is really left-hand circular.

Can anyone tell me what bird I was looking at?
Is there another database or another format for the Lyngsat data that would help in figuring this out. I couldn't find a positive match.

Thanks Iceberg for the info. Now I have to figure out why I couldn't see the NASA channel or Skyangel or any of the radio stations @ 119° ...?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)