So WHEN ARE new HD premium movie channels coming??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zellio2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
If you read another topic I just did, I pay $140 per month for premier, hd xtra, 5 receivers, and a couple sports tiers.

I actually love the Directv service.... Until I want to watch a movie.

The service is excellent, I can watch 127 hd channels at any time (Now, if you count channels actually SHOWING HD, it's more like 70 ;)), sports are excellent, national list is excellent (no matter how much people want travel channel hd (which I DO want, but I want more movie channels first), picture quality is excellent, sirius/xm is good, game lounge is okay, not really my thing, bvut then I go to watch a movie and I get 15 channels.

All these large amounts of channels for everything else and then a putrid list for movies.

I'm getting annoyed. I pay $140 for this, and everything great, but when I look at the movie selection it's like a house builder that built a mansion and made a bedroom that's closet size. To alot of people movies are the top area in tv viewing, and it's annoying as hell seeing this pitiful selection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well obviously not with D-11, but if they don't add alot of movie channels to D-12 I will hit the floor.

WHAT ELSE COULD THEY ADD, TONS OF HD HOME SHOPPING NETWORKS????????????? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would we actually get more movies or just more channels showing the same movies? I too want more movie channels if we can get more variety.

no one knows when they're coming and if they're coming at all. you'll find better premiums with dish.

I got to be Honest, This Month Don't worry "YOUR NOT MISSING A THING"
Worst variety I've seen in a long time on the premiums this month.
Better movies need to start getting made.

Would we actually get more movies or just more channels showing the same movies? I too want more movie channels if we can get more variety.
It depends, If D* adds Action Max , 5Star max, HBO Comedy, Stuff they don't carry now. Then Yes more variety. If they add West Feeds of channel they have East Versions for now, Then all you'll get is repeats.

I agree that DirecTV is weak in the movie department. On the flipside it is very strong on the sports side, especially HD sports. Dish Network is the oposite, which is why I went with DirecTV as my selection. I look at it as "it is what it is".

It has long been known that if you like movies, go with Dish. If you like sports, go with DirecTV. If you like both, you're pretty screwed.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I like DTV for the most part - the equipment, the user interface, etc. I'm waiting it out for the last few months of my contract and then switching to FiOS if there is nothing new for national HD. I want Travel, IFC and a few more movie channels at the very least for me to stay. FiOS has everything.

As for all the people complaining about variety, I know the premium movie channels do show the same stuf over and over, but for some reason, it seems like all the movies I want to see are on the movie channels we only get in SD.

I'm also tired of DTV basically lying by still claiming ot have "the most HD" when FiOS obviously has more (I know not EVERYONE can get FiOS yet). Using 50 PPV channels to boost your numbers is really misleading.

i will say oct/nov 2009 when d12 is up & running.

November? whats taking so damn long for D12 to launch? why can't they do it now? people obviously want the channels NOW, instead of waiting 8 months! I want answers DirecTV! at least give us HBO and Cinemax On Demand to tide us over til November!!!!!!!!!!!! no bandwidth needed for that!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Oh I dunno.. NASA.. US Government.. FCC.. international court cases disputing the 103 slots.. other countries governments.. FAA.. and I am sure some dudes on the moon have a say what gets tossed off the earth into space too. But I am fairly certain that above all, Oprah has the the final say.

As a Dish subscriber, we are having similar issues, actually worse with Dish. We are actually losing HD channels.

In fact if Direct get a multiroom DVR I will jump on board in a minute

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)