So... Where's the HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyboss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2005
When D* launched the new SAT and everyone said the PPV channels were placeholders for soon to be launched channels (September) everyone backed off a bit. So, it's the last week in September.

I think the odds of the Yankees playing another game in Yankee Stadium are better than getting new channels this week.

yawn! SORRY, but..... Yet another unneeded thread about buying into posted rumors on this or other boards and then griping when they don't pan out based of all those made up guesses. Just wait until you get word from the horse's mouth about new programming adds. I am almost certain THEY said sometime in the fall of 2008; which by my calendar started TODAY with the Autumnal Equinox! Geez!

I agree these rumored posts are getting a little out of hand. I highly doubt D* will make any decisions based on our complaining. So like charper said lets wait and see what happens from now since Fall started today.

what the both of you just said has been posted in previous threads like this and people still don't get it. right now there is no news for D or E for that matter. There was no podcast this week for lack of news. It's boring and quiet right now. patience, it will get going again in a short period.

what the both of you just said has been posted in previous threads like this and people still don't get it. right now there is no news for D or E for that matter. There was no podcast this week for lack of news. It's boring and quiet right now. patience, it will get going again in a short period.

Yes, this happens quite often, I got tired of typing the same stuff every other day...

Jimbo

All of you are HD spoiled :D. I am currently on cable with a awesome 10 - 15 HD channels. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I can't wait until I get DirecTV installed and get to complain about lack of HD. Also, our cable company doesn't offer On-Demand so I can also complain about the lack of On-Demand in the near future.

All of you are HD spoiled :D. I am currently on cable with a awesome 10 - 15 HD channels. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I can't wait until I get DirecTV installed and get to complain about lack of HD. Also, our cable company doesn't offer On-Demand so I can also complain about the lack of On-Demand in the near future.

personally i'm happy with what we got and i think jimbo is too. That still doesn't mean i don't want more if possible :D. We were all waiting for some action after the successful launch of D11 and it will happen "soon" :D

personally i'm happy with what we got and i think jimbo is too. That still doesn't mean i don't want more if possible :D. We were all waiting for some action after the successful launch of D11 and it will happen "soon" :D
I thought the term "soon" was copyrighted by E*. You might get sued for using that in a D* forum.:D

The more I think about it the more I think we may see something tomorrow with Scott mentioning a rumor, and I dont think Scott would make a post like that if something is not in the works for tomorrow. But then again we can wake up tomorrow and see that nothing has happened.

I installed a replacement HD receiver today and I was making my favorites list. I went through the PPV channels that actually said HD and I got a whopping 4 or 5 channels. Maybe something is up. If not, where did they all go?

I installed a replacement HD receiver today and I was making my favorites list. I went through the PPV channels that actually said HD and I got a whopping 4 or 5 channels. Maybe something is up. If not, where did they all go?
more than likely your reciever has not updated all the channels yet.

What's wrong with the HD we got? I mean the HD we got view pretty good dont it? I never hear anybody complain about the HD we have. It watch pretty good. History... yo whats the name of some of the other HD, History and what else? (inside joke for O&A fans :) )

People complain mostly about the upconversion of tnt and tbs as well as the audio issues on mostly locals but on some non locals and then theres those who complain that somethings on an sd channel that isnt on an hd channel yet such as some feature so yea people complain.

yo whats the name of some of the other HD, History and what else?

There are 22 HBO/Max channels.
Encore HD is another
Showtime Showcase West HD
Showtime 2 HD West
Showtime Extreme HD West
The Movie Channel HD West
The Movie Channel Xtra HD
The Movie Channel Xtra HD West
Travel Channel HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
WGN America HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD
RFD HD
World Fishing Network HD
Wealth TV HD
Outdoor Channel HD
Fox News HD
QVC HD
Lifetime HD
AMC HD
IFC HD
ESPNU HD
Fuse HD
Women's Entertainment HD

Plenty of channels there with more channels launching soon.

I admit that not all of these channels interest me. But all of these channels have appeal to somebody.

There are 22 HBO/Max channels.
Encore HD is another
Showtime Showcase West HD
Showtime 2 HD West
Showtime Extreme HD West
The Movie Channel HD West
The Movie Channel Xtra HD
The Movie Channel Xtra HD West
Travel Channel HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
WGN America HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD
RFD HD
World Fishing Network HD
Wealth TV HD
Outdoor Channel HD
Fox News HD
QVC HD
Lifetime HD
AMC HD
IFC HD
ESPNU HD
Fuse HD
Women's Entertainment HD

Plenty of channels there with more channels launching soon.

I admit that not all of these channels interest me. But all of these channels have appeal to somebody.

I want it anyway :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)