So, which one are you getting: PS4 or Xbox One?

Which one are you getting?

• PS4

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ordered them both.

But I am having concerns about the PS4 as I can't remember another launch where the games for it were discounted to buy one get one free. Is Sony concerned about sales of the PS4 so much that they are discounting the games like this for the launch?

I ordered them both.

But I am having concerns about the PS4 as I can't remember another launch where the games for it were discounted to buy one get one free. Is Sony concerned about sales of the PS4 so much that they are discounting the games like this for the launch?

I don't think so. All the preorder numbers I have seen show the PS4 outselling the Xbox One and Killzone on PS4 outselling every Xbox One launch game. I have seen deals from retailers like Best Buy offering a free game if you buy 2 others but I bet we will see the same thing when the Xbox One launches. I think this is just retailers trying to take advantage of the console launch excitement.

Plus both Sony and Microsoft will sell every unit they can produce, at least until Christmas. Launch deals on games won't really have any affect on launch day sales because it is basically guaranteed that they will be sold out. I think this is more for the benefit of the retailers than Sony.

Last edited:
I ordered them both.

I haven't seen any buy one get one deals; only buy 2 get 1, which are pretty common for video games around the holidays. In fact Target's buy 2 get 1 deal is for all systems not just the PS4. And Amazon's is only on a small selection of PS4 launch titles.

But if you see any buy 1 get 1 deals, please post a link in the Video Games Deals thread. I might just get a PS4 myself sooner than I had planned if those kinds of deals were being offered at launch (assuming I could find a PS4 in stock after this weekend).

I don't think so. All the preorder numbers I have seen show the PS4 outselling the Xbox One and Killzone on PS4 outselling every Xbox One launch game. I have seen deals from retailers like Best Buy offering a free game if you buy 2 others but I bet we will see the same thing when the Xbox One launches. I think this is just retailers trying to take advantage of the console launch excitement.

Plus both Sony and Microsoft will sell every unit they can produce, at least until Christmas. Launch deals on games won't really have any affect on launch day sales because it is basically guaranteed that they will be sold out. I think this is more for the benefit of the retailers than Sony.

^This. Sony isn't offering these deals on launch titles. You'll pay full price on the PSN for launch PS4 games. You will however get two very nice indie games for free if you are a PS Plus member.

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering a PS4 game. You have qualified for a special Buy One, Get One promotion on select PS4 titles.

Add two of the qualifying items to your cart and at checkout apply your individual claim code: (CODE REMOVED).

Your savings will be displayed in your Order Summary. Offer is valid through November 16, 2013.

Thank you for pre-ordering a PS4 game. You have qualified for a special Buy One, Get One promotion on select PS4 titles.

Add two of the qualifying items to your cart and at checkout apply your individual claim code: (CODE REMOVED).

Your savings will be displayed in your Order Summary. Offer is valid through November 16, 2013.

That's awesome! I guess it pays to preorder. This is the deal everyone else gets: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...H2D5Q2VGQQZ2NW3F1&ref_=acs_ux_hsb_5s_1_VG-PS4

EDIT: Wait! No that's the same deal. You are buying 2 to get 1 free (the pre-ordered game and the second one.)

Cool. I'll take a look at the buy one get one list and maybe buy a couple games I was planning on renting.

Edit: it looks like it's too late for that. I think you needed to have a previous preorder to get the offer and I didn't. The best deal I can see is a buy 2 get 1 on select games deal. I still might grab this.

On a related note, South Park has been doing a hilarious riff on the console wars with a PS4 vs. XB1/Game of Thrones/Black Friday mashup. So far there are have been two episodes, with I am guessing the third and final episode to air next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts