So which would you buy?

For plasma, I would actually go with a Panasonic. The Sony's pretty good.

Amazon.com: Panasonic TC-P58S2 58-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV: Electronics

S~

Yeah i don't know,not to knock the Panasonic or nothing,but the 2 sites i ran across the pros gave the nod to the Samsung.As for the Sony, it was a good deal as for the price until today,Best buy for example raised the price from$1499 to over 2 grand,which is higher in price than the next model up,it don't make any sense to me.

Yeah i don't know,not to knock the Panasonic or nothing,but the 2 sites i ran across the pros gave the nod to the Samsung.As for the Sony, it was a good deal as for the price until today,Best buy for example raised the price from$1499 to over 2 grand,which is higher in price than the next model up,it don't make any sense to me.

Huh? Panasonic has much better blacks. Samsungs are very prone to buzzing way above the normal plasma buzz. Elwaylite has the S2.

S~

Huh? Panasonic has much better blacks. Samsungs are very prone to buzzing way above the normal plasma buzz. Elwaylite has the S2.

S~

I heard mixed comments on the buzz issue for the Samsung,i know i would prefer to buy the Panasonic at a local retail store,but for some reason Best buy,sears ect.stopped selling the model you showed me,i guess they are bringing in newer models.

I have the 58" S2, and while its a good set, the gamma is pretty bad. I was using a video processor to correct that. Ive spoken with a couple of calibrators, and in that range, the C550 is probably a better choice. Now, that being said, a G series with THX mode is a worthy upgrade.

The Panny's do have a little better blacks, but the Sammy's are getting darn good too. Also keep in mind Im picky, and the S2 is plenty fine for most. A bud of mine just bought a 58" S2 and I calibrated it for him. He is VERY hapy.

I have the 58" S2, and while its a good set, the gamma is pretty bad. I was using a video processor to correct that. Ive spoken with a couple of calibrators, and in that range, the C550 is probably a better choice. Now, that being said, a G series with THX mode is a worthy upgrade.

The Panny's do have a little better blacks, but the Sammy's are getting darn good too. Also keep in mind Im picky, and the S2 is plenty fine for most. A bud of mine just bought a 58" S2 and I calibrated it for him. He is VERY hapy.
Actually i'm highly considering this Sharp led lcd tv LC-52LE810UN, 52" Class LED LCD TV, Quattron quad pixel Technology, Full HD 1080p | Sharp Electronics on sale for $1399.00 @Best buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)