So, While watching FTA today, How cold did you get (outside)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was outside running a test with a dish, at about 7 PM, and I know I shouldn´t complain but it was about 14 F.
Right now at midnight is 45 F, the maximum expected for Tuesday is 66 F, and that is cold here, I think that Polar Vortex is affecting all the way down to this area.

Can't answer you. Doing a handstand.
Who'd a thunk it ? cat_handstand.jpg

Here, it got down to around 6-7F last night. Not the coldest I've seen it but pretty darn close. Yesterday's high was in the mid-20s and today it's supposed to get into the mid-30s.

It's -22C (-8F)right now, was -30C this morning with a wind chill of about -40C/-40F. It's supposed to warm up over the next few days to around -1C(30F) by Saturday.

Think it's been around 10 days since it's been 0 F or above. So 10 days below the donut. Lows regularly nearing -30 F. Highs for the last week have been around -12 F on a 'good day'. Today was even better, peaking briefly at -5 F. Thursday expected to break into the +20 F region for a day or two. But another night of mid 20's below. Only saving grace is the winds/storms have not been as bad as predicted. Bad enough, yes, but less duration and less snow.

Well, a few days ago we had -38F in some places, combined with 60MPH winds, gives -84F and worse windchill. Normal for this time of year.
Some trucks were blown off the road and had to sit there until the winds let up. Too dangerous even for the seasoned locals to brave.

When I go out to start up my truck, it's so cold, the radio doesn't work until the truck heats up. :eek:

We got down to 25F overnight on both Monday and Tuesday nights. 41 right now (overnight Wednesday).

At least we got a couple of freezing nights to kill the insects...

I remember seeing a snowflake on the West Bank (Algiers) back in the late 70's :)

We're hovering around 32-33F this morning, with a dose of light freezing rain.
Ice_on_the_dish.jpg

it got down to -13 to 45 with wind chill here in northeastern indiana but my FTA setup stayed strong had enough to watch had fun.

Dan Rose199.JPG197.JPG194.JPG

Last edited:
......And on the other side of the crazy weather: Friday it got up to 42.8 F and rained for several hours. Got all the snow off the trees and settled the snow in my front yard by 8 inches. Crazy weather.......

Yeah, downright 'balmy' here with 38° this am. But the ground is so cold the roads, and sidewalks, are glare ice

Yeah, downright 'balmy' here with 38° this am. But the ground is so cold the roads, and sidewalks, are glare ice
Yep, broke out the crampons yesterday, and have sprinkled plenty of salt. Sunny here, maybe the sidewalks will dry out today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Where are they hiding Galaxy 19?

Rural TV - 103w

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)