So who has been attacked by a Directv sales man at a walmart?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I love it. I let them pitch away and then after they are done I try to poke holes in their claims and ask them to compare their equipment to the Hopper and the features Dish offers. To me its worth the 5-10 minutes.

I do the same...I dont mind direct tv though...I explain what I know thanks to sat guys about dish and the hopper

Most the time they are appreciative as they were told something different or untrue about dish

I've been attacked by directv reps and Comcast reps. I just walk by and say no thanks. The comcast rep stood there for 20 mins the one time angry that nobody was signing up. He gave me the classic well if your signal goes out in the rain you're screwed. I said I can still watch dvr'd shows. I said yeah how often is it raining everyday??

I think the absolute worst is when you go to Radio Shack and they solicit you while your trying to check out.

The last time I was there, a old lady was buying a battery for her an old cordless phone. As the lady is paying her for a battery, The sales person from Radio Shack saw that as an oppertunity to try to sell her a new Sprint Cell Phone and talk her into dropping her land line service.

Meanwhile im standing in line behind her like an idiot, waiting for him to stop trying to sell her a cell phone so I can pay for my $3 adaptor and get the hell out of there.

Finally after being patient for 5 minutes listening to the guy babble on about how great Sprint is, I slam down the item I was waiting to buy on the counter with a $5 bill and say "Can you please just check me out"

So then he starts to check me out and is now asking for my name and address, and I tell him he doesn't need my name and address if im paying cash. Then he gets snippy with me and says that they need that info incase I want to return it.

So then he finally starts to ring me up and asks who I have for my cell phone and how much im paying for my TV service.

Im like "Just check me out" and he says "You don't have to have such a bad attitude"

I have the last couple of years, been lucky this year. Whenever I see them, I go out of my way to by pass them. It's very annoying to be stopped by a sales pitch when you're trying to get thru the store as fast as you can.

Sams Club....as a matter of fact I signed up last December. I put the installation off for 3 weeks to allow me to research the stuff that the guy told me that I could do with the Direct system. Called that same night to Direct customer service and found out that 3 of the things he said I could do were not true. I canceled the service with no money out of pocket. I called Dish and ended up getting an upgrade with a Hopper and Joeys to replace my old service. Saved a lot of money and I couldn't be happier. Had a rough initial 5 weeks after the installation only to find that all of the problems I was encountering were due to the fact that the contract installer didn't upgrade the cabling for the Hopper to 3GHZ. He reused all my existing cabling much of which I installed 12 years ago. Bottom line after new cable from the Dish to the solo node, and new cable from the solo node to the Hopper, all is well.

Jack

Sams Club....as a matter of fact I signed up last December. I put the installation off for 3 weeks to allow me to research the stuff that the guy told me that I could do with the Direct system. Called that same night to Direct customer service and found out that 3 of the things he said I could do were not true. I canceled the service with no money out of pocket. I called Dish and ended up getting an upgrade with a Hopper and Joeys to replace my old service. Saved a lot of money and I couldn't be happier. Had a rough initial 5 weeks after the installation only to find that all of the problems I was encountering were due to the fact that the contract installer didn't upgrade the cabling for the Hopper to 3GHZ. He reused all my existing cabling much of which I installed 12 years ago. Bottom line after new cable from the Dish to the solo node, and new cable from the solo node to the Hopper, all is well. Jack

Yeah those direct sale guys will tell any lie to make a sale. When I interviewed for a sales job there the guy I spoke with told me to convince customers to get the highest Sam's membership because they make a higher percentage of commission off those customers.

I have had Direct people show up at my door several times trying to sell me their product so I take them around my garage and show them the big pile of direct dishes and then show them the back of my van which has dish Network stickers all over it. One time at Wally World a Direct sales rep came up to me and I pretended to be deaf and used a little sign language on him ( had a deaf GF so I learned it), he just turned away to the next person walking by. I have listened to both sales reps from both satellite companies and listen to them as they give me their spiel and then I tell them I install both Direct and Dish Network and then I learn them as to what each company has to offer and what their equipment does, usually astounds them on how little they know about what they are selling.

Wonder how they are doing sales wise setting up at Walmart. My coworker recently signed up for Direct through Walmart, though I think I filled her in on the features the genie had then the sales person did

I am one of those sales reps and I appreciate your reply. Thank you. However, I must say that selling 5 apps a week with a weekly $700 paycheck is putting me well beyond welfare and not to mention a guaranteed shot at ownership. :) I'm simply trying to help people out who are paying well over over $200 a month on the Comcast account and simply want to save some money. Maybe I can hook them up with a far better setup. An easy task with most high-paying customers with old equipment. Honestly, I don't even bother with Dish Costumers that are happy with a Hopper and the company itself. "If they're happy, I'm happy." That's all there is to it.