So who has been attacked by a Directv sales man at a walmart?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
Trying to tell you how much better the hr34 is compared to you hopper with the wrong info about your hopper? I swear I spent 10 minutes of my time explaining that my hoppers do indeed talk to each other and if I don't want PTAT I can shut it off (which he told me I could not and that they couldn't talk to each other) and have my third tuner available. And he could not get past the fact I have three hoppers which gives me 9 tuners. I swear if they are selling something they should really play with the competitions equipment so they know what it does, so they are not sitting there like idiots telling me what my hopper can and can't do trying to sell me directv. And then for the kicker the guy said I could have two hr 34's now I know for a fact that the DIRECTV God Iceberg has on repeated occasions said ONE HR34 per account, So these people will try to sell you things that don't exist if they can make a sale and you pay the price later when they come to install it.

Not at WalMart, but at Best Buy; twice by the same guy. Just let him know that I was in middle of a two-year commitment, happy and not interested. It's a shame the Directv has to resort to guerilla recruiting.

Trying to tell you how much better the hr34 is compared to you hopper with the wrong info about your hopper? I swear I spent 10 minutes of my time explaining that my hoppers do indeed talk to each other and if I don't want PTAT I can shut it off (which he told me I could not and that they couldn't talk to each other) and have my third tuner available. And he could not get past the fact I have three hoppers which gives me 9 tuners. I swear if they are selling something they should really play with the competitions equipment so they know what it does, so they are not sitting there like idiots telling me what my hopper can and can't do trying to sell me directv. And then for the kicker the guy said I could have two hr 34's now I know for a fact that the DIRECTV God Iceberg has on repeated occasions said ONE HR34 per account, So these people will try to sell you things that don't exist if they can make a sale and you pay the price later when they come to install it.

Typical sales critters... They will lie, bait & switch! Promise you the world for commission! Should be illegal (if it's not already?) Prosecute to the fullest! lol

My local Sam's club has had a Direct TV kiosk as long as I've been shopping there(about 10 years). Sometime's he's really aggressive, other times just sits there playing games on his phone. The interesting thing is that they also have an un-staffed Dish network display that I've never seen anybody working at. I wonder how much business Dish gets from that?

And then for the kicker the guy said I could have two hr 34's now I know for a fact that the DIRECTV God Iceberg has on repeated occasions said ONE HR34 per account,

sorry bo but I would not consider myself the Directv god...just a Directv sub....and I've never said only one HR34 per account. I've said at one time I thought you could have more than 1 HR34 on the account (which had info saying yes and no) and with the new C31's out there the install manual actually says "if you have more than one Genie (HR34)" so it sounds more possible

I've been hit up by the Directv guy at Wally World, BB and Costco. I tell him I've had Directv since 98 and that I'm happy with my service and equipment. He thanks me for being a D* sub for such a long time and walks away.

The Dish guy hits me up when I walk by a Dish display at Sears, Radio Shack or at a Dish kiosk at the mall. The thing about the mall is that they have three Dish kiosks at that one mall. And all three Dish kiosks will try to get me to switch.

It's not like Directv is the only sat provider that has the sales reps at the stores, Dish has them as well.

Maybe next time, when the Dish guy tries to get me to switch, I'll tell him...............wait for it...............soon. And when he asks what I mean by soon, I'll tell him to check out the Dish forum on Satellite Guys as to the definition of soon. Or after Dish gets AMC back, Sunday Ticket, and settles its lawsuits with VOOM and Disney.

Last edited:
I like the DirecTV guy coming up to me at Costcos,he asked me who I have I tell him DISH!,he asks me how much I pay,I tell him a little over $45. a month,he thanks me and walks away.;):D

Sounds like the guy who knocked on my door and tried to sell me WOW cable.

I told him "Why would I want that garbage in my house when I have Directv"

He said he could save me some money, I showed him my bill for $36 with everything and he walked away :)

Sounds like the guy who knocked on my door and tried to sell me WOW cable.

I told him "Why would I want that garbage in my house when I have Directv"

He said he could save me some money, I showed him my bill for $36 with everything and he walked away :)

Yep the only difference is my price is the normal price,while yours is the "special deal" price.After 2 years that price will definitely go up.;):D

I can say I havent had Directv ask me at Walmart, Best Buy or really anywhere

Best one is when Crapcast showed up here at the house while I was out working with the big dish. :D

I've been hit up by the Directv guy at Wally World, BB and Costco. I tell him I've had Directv since 98 and that I'm happy with my service and equipment. He thanks me for being a D* sub for such a long time and walks away.

The Dish guy hits me up when I walk by a Dish display at Sears, Radio Shack or at a Dish kiosk at the mall. The thing about the mall is that they have three Dish kiosks at that one mall. And all three Dish kiosks will try to get me to switch.

It's not like Directv is the only sat provider that has the sales reps at the stores, Dish has them as well.

Maybe next time, when the Dish guy tries to get me to switch, I'll tell him...............wait for it...............soon. And when he asks what I mean by soon, I'll tell him to check out the Dish forum on Satellite Guys as to the definition of soon. Or after Dish gets AMC back, Sunday Ticket, and settles its lawsuits with VOOM and Disney.

You're right. It's not a DirecTV thing or even a Dish thing, it's just a marketing tactic used by numerous companies. Has to be one of the most annoying types of marketing there is and I despise it. The only reason it ever works is because people feel pressured into it. I hate feeling pressure to buy something and hate making customers feel that way too.

I think the biggest issue is that most of these salesmen are really not directly employed by DirecTV, Dish, etc, but are just contracted and are paid/bonused based on their sales. They go through a 4-hour orientation that gives them the highlights of the product - and bashing points for the competition - and are then turned loose on the public.

I had an AT&T U-Verse guy come to my house and try the same thing. I knew more about the product than he did. I wasn't planning on signing up with him anyway, but decided to end the conversation when my then 2 1/2 yr-old came up and said she'd had an "accident". The craziest thing was when I told him "sorry, gotta go. my daughter here needs me" he got quite aggressive and had the nerve to tell me she could wait so we could do the paperwork now. I told him to get the F*&k off my property or I'd shove the U-Verse fiber cable where the sun doesn't shine. Door-to-door salesmen should be outlawed.

Ganthet said:
I had an AT&T U-Verse guy come to my house and try the same thing. I knew more about the product than he did. I wasn't planning on signing up with him anyway, but decided to end the conversation when my then 2 1/2 yr-old came up and said she'd had an "accident". The craziest thing was when I told him "sorry, gotta go. my daughter here needs me" he got quite aggressive and had the nerve to tell me she could wait so we could do the paperwork now. I told him to get the F*&k off my property or I'd shove the U-Verse fiber cable where the sun doesn't shine. Door-to-door salesmen should be outlawed.

LOL! You'd probably have to walk several hundred feet to get to the fiber... Hahah, that's one way of getting your daily fiber intake! I've had to deal with those sales critters too... Luckily they didn't pull any crazy crap like that on me though...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts