So who has been attacked by a Directv sales man at a walmart?

LOL! You'd probably have to walk several hundred feet to get to the fiber...

HA HA! You're right. The neighborhood VRAD is a few blocks away from my house. I'd have to ask the guy to take a walk with me so I could physically assault him! :D

I tried to get u-verse internet for years.......we are too far from the box to get the speed I want finally last month I switched from dsl to comcast it is such a massive difference.

keckge said:
I tried to get u-verse internet for years.......we are too far from the box to get the speed I want finally last month I switched from dsl to comcast it is such a massive difference.

I am 750 ft from the VRAD and I get 24/3 with U-verse. My cable co (Charter) has faster speeds but costs too much plus I just plain hate Charter. Plus U-verse isn't capped (yet.) Once it is though I'll probably join the dark side and switch to Charter.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Proper information

Unfortunately that rep was wrong about both dish as you know and directv. The HR34 (genie) has 8 tuners therefore paired with the C31 clients it can control up to 8 tv's. you can multiple hr34's per account but they are not needed in most circumstances. Normally if you need access on more than 8 tv's you would be considered a corporate account and need to contact Dtv directly via phone or their online site. As for being attacked it is not like they jump on you or hold you down they simply make eye contact and start their pitch normally how are you doing quick question..... If your not interested you can simply say no thank you and walk away. It their job don't blame them for doing what they do to provide for themselves and family and not live on welfare.

Thread is almost a year old, HR34 has five tuners and not eight, only one HR34 is allowed per DirecTV account.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Anyone coming up to me trying to sell me something I just tell them I already have said product/service. That shuts them up without the persistence of the person trying to rack up a sale.

Ive had installers from both companies that knew less than me, its like car salesman.

Guys who installed my 1st Hopper told me there was no OTA capability even though I had the little module in a box and installed it after they left :)

Got approached by DirecTV guy when I went to look (just looking) at a 4K TV in a Best Buy.

He told me DirecTV was much better than Dish because it was 1080p on all HD channels, 24/7.

I had never really paid much attention to see if there was a Direct TV sales person at any of the stores mentioned till today and did see one at Bestbuy where I live in Fl. He was indeed there, wasn't at all aggressive though.

I love it. I let them pitch away and then after they are done I try to poke holes in their claims and ask them to compare their equipment to the Hopper and the features Dish offers. To me its worth the 5-10 minutes.

Ive had installers from both companies that knew less than me, its like car salesman.

Guys who installed my 1st Hopper told me there was no OTA capability even though I had the little module in a box and installed it after they left :)

the guy who came here on saturday was shocked when i explained to him what the OTA adapter for the hopper was and did.......

the guy who came here on saturday was shocked when i explained to him what the OTA adapter for the hopper was and did.......

Probably because he doesn't carry them on his truck and has no idea that the technology even exists.....

Last time I encountered them at Sam's I was in a big rush and saw the DirecTV logo, then looked down at the sales critters as I was walking toward them. The second they opened their mouths I said "No thank you" and zoomed past them around the corner into the nearest isle.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)